• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
ikeslayer

mixed bag

I was just reading on the Bassmaster HSOforum that the fella that were interviewed think it is going to take a mixed bag to win it. I am just wondering why this is. Is this because the fatty largies haven't turned on yet. Cause isn't a largie usually larger than spots. i guess i am showing my ignorance here and wondering why this is. I would love to know the strategy behind this. thanks fellas

ike

It is my understanind that the spots are little less effected by the cool weather and are easier to catch, but spots tend be the same size, so you usually need a solid bag of spots with largie or two to distance yourself from the pack wink.gif

Actually spots are not as easy to catch, and tend to hang much deeper than largemouths and smallies. They also do not grow as large. A four pound spot is pretty big. They do fight like smallies though! smile.gif

Affirmative. They also like a quick shake on a jig, as opposed to slower movements for some reason. Go figure!