• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

THORNE BROS SPRING BOBBER ?

Nellie30

I just got a sweet thing plus from thorne bros w/ the spring bobber & love it!! One question however, anybody know if the spring with the yellow tip is the smallest they sell? I was using a very small (#16) diamond jig last night & there wasnt enough weight to watch the spring release upward when those fussy crappies suck the jig in... DO I have the most sensetive thorne bros spring?? Appreciate any feedback...

You'll love that rod(well I guess it sounds like you already do). I've caught everything for 6" sunnies to 38" pike on mine. Although I just can't recall what color the spring bobber is on that rod.

Yep, the yellow tip is the Panfish Spring, which is the smallest Thorne Bros makes. There is also a Perch Spring which is orange and is designed for slightly larger presentations.

You could add a shot to your presentation, but you might loose some action on the jig.

The Thorne Bros spring bobbers are designed to allow the angler to still effectively jig without loosing control, yet also acts as a strike indicator. You can still pound a jig without having it jump all over the place.