• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I need help with a decision

anyfishwilldo

I just pulled the trigger on a new X2. I am debating what to do with my Yukon. I bought the X2 because it is put together better for 4 wheeler usage. I am thinking about keeping th yukon as a spare. It is all set up with led lighting, hyfax, and an onboard, mounted battery with switches. My garage is kind of getting full of fishing gear, boat, X2, and I have an 8x8 suitcase porty also. I guess the main issue I have now is if I try to sell it now, I will take it in the shorts. If I store it all summer, then I will figure a system to get it out of the way. What should I do?

Yah, that is a tough one. "Space Management " is a very important activity. I would suggest trying to sell it for what you want right now, there is still a LOT of good fishing left this season, like Perch on Mille Lacs and Walleyes on LOTW. I bet you could sell it here in the forsale forum in a heartbeat, tho. If you can't sell it, then I would ask a friend with a little space left over to store it for me for a case of beer. smile.gif Overall, though, I think you will use the new one all the time, even if you keep the old one - transfer your setup to the new one and don't look back! Another idea -> build a double-decker storage shelf out of 2x3's and OSB, if you had to store it, that'd be pretty cheep.

Quote:

I personally would wait until next year to unload the Yukon. I'd rig up a pully system using the 8 x 8 as a base, put the Yukon on top of it and hoist them both to the rafters.

TB2

I have a pulley system for the 8x8, but I am concerned that the extra weight of another house might be too much for my garage rafters(they are kind of old ~85years)

This is sure a predicament your in lad and sounds similar to a man with a wife and also a mistress and getting the ultimatum by both that he must choose one or the other . Take the one with the least mileage on her as she will keep you interested longer . LOL wink.gif

TD

Well, the decicion has been made. The Yukon and the 8x8 are going down the road. I found out I actually have 2 8x8s, and a 5x6 also. Within the next couple of days I will list everything I have, and clean house. I guess the reason for the big sale is the better half said I can pull the trigger on a tandem axel wheel house in the summer. The one stipulation is it has to be big enough for her and the 3 kids.