• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
fishtolive_livetofish

Lowrance H20

Just a friendly note to all those tech savy anglers that bought a Lowrance i-finder H20, Hunt or Expedition. The screen on those things is very succeptible to scratches that make the screen unreadable after awhile.

I found a screen protector for the "Play Station Portable" (PSP) that fits with a small amount of trimming and holds in place without adhesives (and it won't blow off either). I found one at Wall Mart, but I bet they're at other stores as well.

A small investment to protect a very usefull device.

Good Luck

Jack

Quote:

Just a friendly note to all those tech savy anglers that bought a Lowrance i-finder H20, Hunt or Expedition. The screen on those things is very succeptible to scratches that make the screen unreadable after awhile.

I found a screen protector for the "Play Station Portable" (PSP) that fits with a small amount of trimming and holds in place without adhesives (and it won't blow off either). I found one at Wall Mart, but I bet they're at other stores as well.

A small investment to protect a very usefull device.

Good Luck

Jack

That's another thing I can't stand about the I-Finders, my H2O's screen has more scratches than either of my 8-10 year old Garmins.

Can you post a web address? There is a place on the net that sells them specifically for the H2O as well as many others. If its okay I'll post it.

I will concur with the Garmin's durability. Mine has been through the mill. It has fallen 16' from my deer stand onto rocks with nary a scratch. I dropped it from my ATV into the mud, took it to a nearby lake, and submerged it to wash it off all without even powering down. I recently fell on it while ice fishing and it came up still working. Accept for the 1/4" long scratch caused by the rock when it fell out of my deer stand, it is as clear today as it ever was. I don't know how the rest of the Garmin products stand up but the Rino120 certainly can take a licking.

Bob

buzz, I think if you call Lowrance they have a product they will recommend, cant recall what it is. has anybody tried these things yet and taken them off? I thik it is a great idea but dont want a bunch of gunk stuck to my screen when it comes time to take the thing off? Input anybody

I think they're just a soft plastic cling, like the peel-off protective film that comes on the display screen on a lot of electronics nowadays or like the Colorforms game pieces from the early 60s. (I remember my 101 Dalmatians game, can't remember the other, sure wish I kept those...) No residue left behind. I've seen these used by women for their digital camera display screens so they can throw them in their purse without a bulkier case.

I'm not using a purse on the ice shocked.gif but am wondering if it is a cling type thing if it would hold on when I slide it in the pocket of my parka. Was kind of thinking it was a cling type deal. bought a pack of two at wally world today for $8.69. Guess I will just have to cut it open and find out

Quote:

I thik it is a great idea but dont want a bunch of gunk stuck to my screen when it comes time to take the thing off

they are like the stickers they put on palm pilots to protect the screen from the stylus. In my experience, they don't leave any residues. I will be using the stickers for my palm on my H20c from now on.

It looks like the H20 plastic screen has a small hole in it for replacing. Is it possible to order a new plastic screen all together?