• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Do Gophers have Shot at National Title?

bassNspear

Like the Goph's did with Don's championship years. Guess they've been opposite the last couple of years.

I personally think SCSU has a solid chance this year. Goph's maybe; only if Briggs makes a miraculous recovery which I doubt.

its going to be a awesome tourney to watch. Everyone has a shot to win it. There is not one team out there that has a better team then someone else. I think that anyone can win it, but i feel the gophers will pull it out. They always show up for the big dance.

Here are my observations (and yes I am a Gopher Rube and alumni)

1A. The Gophers goaltending is erractic. Put Frazee on the bench and go with Briggs. He is no Goephart but he is the best MN has. Hell they won a title with Hauser. They have a chance with Briggs.

1B. The Gophers have become soft. Their checking (both back and fore) has gone backwards since early January. They need to get mean to move on.

1C. Lucia is a very good coach. Other than than last year (the Holy Cross debacle) the Gophers have generally played at or above expectations. They are victim to players leaving for the NHL more than any other team in college hockey. He gets the best players but few of the top players last four years.

1D. The Gophers are the Duke (basketball) and Notre Dame (football) of college hockey...Everyboday is gunning for them. That makes it tough in the NCAA's as they face the best every team has to offer.

2. North Dakota has the best line in college hockey....never count them out until they are out.

3. SCSU is scary. The have the best college goalie...but they are erratic. (The lost tonight..ouch) If they get on a roll, watch out. A hot goalie can carry a team to the title.

4. Notre Dame is a joke.... They will be out early. Eden Prairie, Warroad and Minnetonka played a tougher schedule.

5. Its a one and done situation and the "Holy Cross" situation can happen to any of the best teams.

6. The WCHA is hands don the best conference in hockey. I expect the WCHA teams to roll through the early rounds. The eastern teams pale in comparison to the WCHA. Look for 3 WCHA teams in the Frozen 4.

If I was to pick my favorites I would puts SCSU on top with the Gophers and North Dakota right behind.

Go Gophers...