• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ESPN's "BASS Saturdays"

Daze Off

Has anyone else noticed how badly ESPN has followed up on having Saturday mornings committed to bass fishing? Or any time except early AM's for BassMaster Tournament re-runs for the most part frown.gif.

Thank God for OLN and Vs. or there really would be nothing there - not to say their programming is all that great either but it clearly outpaces ESPN's broken promises confused.gif.

Do bass fishermen just not watch the tube or what? Seems like there is no shortage of hunting shows pretty much around the clock.

Daze Off

Hey daze, you have to remember that the FLW and BASS dont start till this weekend.

I agree with you, they dont show bass fishing like they usta on tv anymore. Hopefully sooner then later, they will fix this and get them back up and running.

I think it is talk what ESPN is doing... I don’t remember the last time that i was able to really watch something on BASS on TV. If i did, i was half asleep or just going to bed from a night of buzzin. I have been keeping up with thing because of websites like bassfan. I think its talk that they never give BASS or any fishing show any time but the really AM HOURS. FLW at least plays there stuff at 10 am of Fox. Ever seen ESPN has owned BASS from what I remember it has been a joke… My .02 mad.gif

i was under the impression that Bass saturdays was only for the year 2006. So think that has changed. i don't have tv so i can't feel your pain. i just by videos i figure i spend about the same on vids in a year as cable and i pick what i want to watch and when. My sympathies to all of you for having certain things shuffed down your throat on tv.

ike

The bass shows will pick up again this month. There will be all kinds of shows on saturday mornings again. You may have to get up by 7 to watch them but they will be on. I'm not about to tell Espn, one of the biggest money makers in all of TV, what to do. If all kinds of bass shows would beat out bowling on a sunday afternoon, they would show them. Sorry and sadly to say, we are in the few that watch these shows. friendly

I hope you guys are right and it does pick up again soon - seems like Bass Saturday's were just a quick fix/bone to get the tempers calmed after the big kerfufel surrounding ESPN's ownership of BASS.

I have no problem getting up at 6:00 am to watch them even on weekends but don't feed me Jerry McKinnis re-runs and old Jimmy Houston episodes. I even autotune the ones in the middle of the night so it appears that they are being seen in case someone is actually counting.

All their new "concept" shows have gone away as have the personalities (except Zona). Only decent one on now is "A Day on the Lake" and there aren't many new episodes of that.

We'll see I guess....

Daze Off

I beleive that the BASS saturday TV viewing ratings were not very good, which may be why they have since not gone on with the programs. Maybe they should show the programs on a different day besides saturday mornings when most bass fisherman are in tournaments, or out for fun.

Besides the fact that I don' totally agree with what they have done with the television aspect, ESPN has done a lot for the sport in order to grow it on a professional level, such as larger grand prizes and more sponser showcases for the anglers. They've helped to develop the sport so the anglers can make a living at it, not just getting in life check by check.

So overall I think ESPN has done both good and bad things since they took over. Nobody is perfect though, and you gotta work through the kinks before you get it right.

Quote:

I hope you guys are right and it does pick up again soon - seems like Bass Saturday's were just a quick fix/bone to get the tempers calmed after the big kerfufel surrounding ESPN's ownership of BASS.

I have no problem getting up at 6:00 am to watch them even on weekends but don't feed me Jerry McKinnis re-runs and old Jimmy Houston episodes. I even autotune the ones in the middle of the night so it appears that they are being seen in case someone is actually counting.

All their new "concept" shows have gone away as have the personalities (except Zona). Only decent one on now is "A Day on the Lake" and there aren't many new episodes of that.

We'll see I guess....

Daze Off

oops,my bad for posting wrong. Anyway, with all do respect to Jerry McKinnis, I am tired of seeing those old films. I loved the smallie fishing he had on bass saturday's. I also like the bass university show that had all kinds of tips. I catch some of outdoor channel's bass fishing shows that are fun to watch. Like the one hosted by Denny Brauer.

Sly -

Not a bad plan - wish I had one of them deals. Seems like there is usually some bass/fishing shows on OLN or Vs from like 3:00 am - 5:00 am or so that I am never up to watch.

Likely that the ratings were not great but they pretty much have a captive audience up here for 5 months/yr and it does not seem to slow the hunting shows down - maybe there should be a season on hunting shows???? j/k

Daze Off

Daze.. you have phone... and obviously internet.. get Directv satellite too! Quest has super deals.. like we pay $99/month for ALL THREE. (DSL modem/wireless router, standard home phone AND satellite with 180 channels+DVR)

Then you will have a DVR that records 200 hours of programs... (fergit the VCR!) and it has amazing search capabilites etc.

ESPN.......All sports cable network...lets not forget their original motto???

Plus we can see outdoor stuff on

Fox sports north?

Channel 45 [Hubbard broardcasting]

VS

Outdoor life network

Mens [although I dont get that channel]

And heck...450,000,000,000............websites to visit.

Whew..I am tired now

Keep the faith all

Sly - we did the same thing but they would not let us bundle Direct TV because we were already existing customers and getting the DVR was/is not a "need" at this point - with a kid preparing for college a lot of "wants" have been tossed in the scrap heap.

I'll have to make do for the time being...

Daze

i wouldn't mind seein a few less hunting shows and a few more fishing ones. at least the irrelevent to 98% of american hunting shows. i don't need to see some guy get the african gazzel triple. i think the old tnn line up was just about perfect. just give me the linders, hank parker, shaw, dez and dash and that's about all i need