• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

pro's and con's of the 620

knoppers

I have an oportunity at a 2006 ranger 620 that was used by a tourney fisherman. any good or bad things about this boat I should know about?

I currenty have a 97 skeeter 1850, and looking to upgrade this year.

I am looking at 07 skeeters, but it seems the prices have gone way up.

[note from admin- please use the for sale page for all adds. Thank you]

The '06 620's have a new wider hull design. I have been in a few 621/620's this past year and they ride and fish great. I have heard nothing but great things about the boat from other fishermen and owners.

When buying a tourney boat, make sure to thoroughly check over the hull. The main motor should be in good shape (because of the tourney tech centers) but it can't hurt to have them hooked up to the computer.

Your going to fall in love with this boat. The only problem that i have about buying a boat from a tournament fisherman, is that you know there is going to be alot of hours on that motor. Make sure you get out and run in before you buy it. You will love the layout and performance of this baby.

I've owned both the 619 and 620. Both are great multi-species boats. They are also great for kids, as the gunnels are so much higher. Both provided me and my clients with extremely dry rides. I really like the duel bait and livewells. I don't know if you are a tournament angler (bass) but when I had a fish that was looking bad I would fill the front bait well and load it down with keeps alive. This usually saved that fish and I did not have to contend with a dead fish penalty. I went from the 600 series to the 520 and now to the Z-20 still Ranges. I liked the 600 series better for guiding but the 500 series better for tournament fishing. Ranger just released the new 1760 & 1860 series boats. They are based on the 600 series design but in a smaller size, might be worth a look.

Really depends on the tournament angler, some guys take great care of their stuff and some guys beat the snot out of it knowing they won't own it for long. In general, most tournament boats are well cared for, set up with great accessories, and have very low hours on them.

620s are great boats if you like the layout. Great storage, really big front deck (up to you if that's a good thing or a bad thing). Due to all the side storage compartments there's not as much room behind the consoles as you might think. It's surprising, but depending on how you're fishing and how much gear you have, more than 2 guys can make a 20 foot boat seem crowded.

Ranger boats are top shelf for quality and features, ride, design, etc. You're not likely to find a Ranger owner that complains about his boat.

Quote:

Ranger just released the new 1760 & 1860 series boats. They are based on the 600 series design but in a smaller size, might be worth a look.

The 1860 model is a smoking new boat for ranger. That boat has the layout like the 600, the design of the reata, and the performance of the Ranger boats. This boat is going to be a force to recon with on the water.

thanks for the replys, I still am waiting for answers about price and pictures, so I know if its worth the drive into south dakota to look at it. one thing I do know, it should be loaded with electronics and all gear needed for fishing in all areas.