• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bass Boat

bassNspear

I you ask me I think you should have Both!!!! A flasher give you that real time reading, when you are running from spot to spot and you don’t know the lake really well its is nice to now what the depth is right under you so you don’t hit nothing with that new boat!!! A GPS is a must, with today chips and things like that it really give you a better understanding of what’s under that water and the structure you are fishing. This will help position you boat better to the structure you are fishing…

So both for this guy… wink.gif

Bass N Spear: I wouldn't put anything in the dash. I'm running a Z boat now and had everything mounted on the console " at eye level" a flasher will read faster than a graph, but think about it. You're running at 60 plus, by the time you look down and see the flasher you've hit what you wanted to miss or missed what you are looking for, by keeping everything at eye level you can look at the graph, gps and water infront of you all at the same time. Also, by having everything mounted on the console you can change things out or go to differant electronics with out any problem or holes left in the dash. I'm running Lowrance 111 on the console on Ram mounts. I did put cabinet door silencers on the bottom of the 111, just to same the gel coat if it bounced once two many times smirk.gif

see thats what i was thinking, if you have the flasher there, its not going to really matter what you have if your going to be running at 60 mph. Alot easier to look at the locator if it is eye level. Thanks for the information.