• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clear Water West/Otter Lake

Heading to Brown's Clear Water Resort this weekend. Been up there once before and had some luck. Does anyone have a recent report or tips. We will be fishing both Lakers and Eyes. We are taking sleds so we'll be mobil. Last time we ended up fishing a small lake near by and having the best luck. Thanks.

Nate

How was fishing up at Brown's nblasin? I was up there last Wednesday through Sunday. We had okay fishing with lakers being tough and walleyes about average, although slower than last year. Were you fishing just north of the two tiny islands in two portables on that small lake? If so, how was fishing? We were fishing in the narrows in the evening for walleyes in an Otter with two snowmobiles. It certainly is beautiful country up there.

That was us. I remember seeing you guys fishing there when we went in that night. That lake was the only lake we could catch fish in, both trout and eyes. 2.5 days of fishing for 4 guys = 6 trout and a bunch of eyes. Largest trout was about 11-12 lbs. Fishing was hit and miss by those islands. We had luck some days not not much others. The last day we went further up that lake to the rock pile and caught a couple trout and some eyes. How did you guys do? I fished the narrows a couple years ago and caught 3-4 smaller lakers during the day. Wish the wind would have been a little ligher. Still a great time. I live in Duluth, where are you from?

Nate

Nope, but I wish. I love watching his show. I actually got to meet him this winter at the ice fishing show in St. Paul. It sounded like it was slow with most guys we talked to. One group said they had been going up for many many years and there were 8 people in their group and they only caught 7 trout and no monsters. Those pictures of the upper 30 lb fish hanging in the resort are unreal. My dad did catch a 21 lb last time up and that was unreal. I cant imagine hooking into a 40 lb freight train!

We caught 3-6 walleyes per evening in the narrows, no trout there for us. The bite was best right at dusk. I'm from the Grand Rapids area. Sunday was a travel day for us since my friend had a 6 hour drive from my house. We only caught 4 lakers in 4 days of fishing.