• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spirit Lake, East and West Okoboji??

so far , i've been limitted to french by faribault ( i love thta area!) , and one day on brushy by fortdodge( 2 & 1/2 hr. away). i need to get over and start fishing pleasant( about 60 mi.). clear lake isn't too far( about 70-80 mi.) ,but that lake can get so darn rough, i kind of stay away from it.

hey del, with all that pleasure boat traffic on clear lake i would think that the night time would be the right time for muskies. i've never targeted them, but was wondering if you've ever night fished em?

on a side note, i talked to the biologist on clear lake in 2000. he said they were netting alot of fish in the 30" range. those fish should be quite nice now. they were also getting a bunch of small 12-16" fish. that is actually why i called him, to let him know that i had caught one. it was branded with the number 33 on his side. he told me that was just the year class that were stocked. all of those fish were raised on minnows, not pellets.

cool!i've only fished that lake once.( i had a 16 lund semi V) it got really rough in a hurry! i never have tried night fishing. mainly not comfortable with it. i kind of want to get going with this lake that is towards cedar rapids.it is only 400 acers, but a no wake lake, so no pleasure crafts! the muskies are a very bad fish! very addicting! grin.gif