• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Cooter

Chatterbaits

Howdy, I just did a search for chatterbaits in this forum and got no replies. For those who have used them, how have they produced? Here to stay or a fad? I've never fished or seen one but might try making my own now that you can buy the blades for them. Thanks, later.

I know a guy who's making them with homemade machined blades and Little Hustler jigs. They look awesome! I'm going to try talk him out of one this summer.

I've seen them in action and they look great to me. Lots of vibration. As I'm sure you know, the original ones were prone to mechanical failure. The new and improved ones look better, but they have a HUGE hook on them. Many are not impressed with the hook on the new and improved ones. Do a search on some of the muskie sites and you'll see some of the concerns. There's also several ways to improve them with some slight modifications.

I don't know about everyone else but they are here to stay in my tackle box. I have had great luck with them. I have caught more bass than pike on them but I may just be in more bass waters. I fish bass tourny's and caught fish during the spawn all the way through september on them. They work great in cover and in open water. So needless to say I love them, but thats just me.

Hi,

I caught one on the Chatterbait (small guy), and was out when another was hooked up after dark on one and I screwed up on the net job. Sorry Lals.....

Not a bad lure at all, I do like for the night time approach because of the vibration. Also a viable option for stained water or "pea soup" conditions. The modifications made for the later runs seem to be good.

I'll be out with Dennis Lappen from Muskies Innovations early season on 'tonka so I'll be sure to get his take on them and what the scoop is.

Chris

Chatter baits are here to stay and for good reason.

They did have a lot of problems with the the originals. The new Muskie Innovations Chatterbaits are supposed to be a lot better. I have found that they seem to be a small fish bait. The smaller more aggressive muskies seem to want to follow more than the big females. It is a good bait to up your muskie count. And when you get follows on them, figure 8, and keep figure 8ing. Those fish that miss will dive down under the boat and then the vibration drives them nuts and they will come back up even after a couple of minutes and try to hit it again.

And yes, they have monster hooks (must be salt water hooks)

what I am going to do is cut the grub tail off the jig hook and put a kalins grub or a reeper on the trailer hook.

Good Luck,

John