• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Husky jerks/X-raps for stream browns

Cooter

I need to rekindle my stream fishing this year and having luck with bass in the past with suspending cranks such as Husky Jerks and X-raps I'm thinking they should work for bigger brown trout in streams. Anyone had luck with these? Any particular colors producing better than others? Thanks, later.

most definetly. They wil hit hard on the pause after a little twitch. They love them, My first bait on opener will be a purple perch glass husky jerk. Last year, Sunday of opener weekend, I caught and released a 28" male brown w/ a wicked chinhook. Beautiful fish... cool.gif

Sweet! Thanks guys, what sizes have been best? I'm thinking the #6 or 8 husky jerk or #8 Xrap? I've got the trout fever now, hankering for warm weather and mosquitoes! Haven't prowled the stream side jungle in a while, need to do some catching up.

I have caught large sized rainbows on in-land lakes with blaze orange and gold bottomed original floating rapalas. we cranked them really slow just rippling the water surface. The fish would follow like a muskie then slowly grab it. They seemed uninterested in all other prestations.