• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Knaus Not Alone Anymore!

eyepatrol

Quote:

I thought I read that Mikey did get his car back for practice and for the 125's tomorrow. If they can determine that it was sterno or something else to aid performance, it will be interesting to see if he even gets to race tomorrow or Sunday.
blush.gif

Mikey has not been given the car back and might not even be around for the race. More to follow tomorrow.

I agree...where is that "intent" that you speak of?

From Evernham's point of view (yes...somewhere in between lies the truth to the whole matter) they were told duct tape over the opening would suffice. They spotted the infraction in prequalifying inspection, and told this would be good. The tape started to come off (or something of that sort) and they were called on it during post-qualifying inspection.

the 10 and the 19 ran with those drilled out all last year and were not penalized...officials knew about it but did not call it then...

Funny how some get caught and some do not.

Overall...how harsh is 50 points, or even 100 before the year even starts? They only lose their starting spots today and I don't think they lost their pit position, so really, they can still come out ahead overall, except in the points...but with another 25 races to go at a max of 195 possible, 50 points is only 1/100 of that. Can it hurt?...possibly, but right now too early to tell.

Steve

When you drill holes in your "kenseths" vehicle to let air out that's cheating with the intent to cheat throw in the fact they were caught cheating after qualifying it adds up to a bigger cheating offense hence the bigger suspension.

Kahne's team was penalized for missing tape on his Dodge, Everham will not appeal this as they were caught plain as day also.

I believe Evernham and the Dodges driven by Riggs and Sadler have a case for appeal they drilled out bolts the same way in all four restrictor-plate races last season.

I guess technically speaking it could be considered speculation......but common sense says not.

If you taped Nascar Racing yesterday they had a demonstration of how the cheaters were caught cheating and why the CHEATERS sentences were different.

Here is picture of how Kenseths team was trying to excavate air from the Car and where it exited the car. Again this was done with intent and BEFORE qualifying resulting in a stiffer sentance and the qualifying run's of the #17 and #9 being thrown out.

TEMP011Small.jpg

TEMP012Small.jpg

Here is the lesser of the penalty's of #19 and the #10 they drilled out hex heads to save weight like a lot a teams have done for a long time.

TEMP013Small.jpg