• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

crappie jig ???

icecold

ahh. I think you tripped a lot of people with your spring question.

For late ice, I use a couple of different jigs.. A JB Gem N Eye is a great one, a CJ&S Demon is another good one.. I also like the smallest Go Devil. The Little Atom Optic Stealth is another that can be GREAT! I'm not afraid to put a few swimming jigs down either.. I have a few of the smalles NilsMaster jigging shad baits that get a work out as well.

I think the key with crappies in not so much what you have down.. but what depth you have it at, and the action you are giving it.

Crappies will start moving to areas close to where they will spawn late ice. If you can find deep green weeds you have a good spot. Look for them to suspend off the first major break in the spawning bays. The depth will vary from lake to lake.

For jigs how can you not mention the Ratso pink head white body and the Shrimpo. They work all year.