• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

10,000 rinks

Lake Alice

As we were down flooding last night, I got to thinking this might be a good thread--who here keeps a rink?

We keep a monster on White Bear. If you fish WB, and drive on the Matoska landing, you can see it about a half mile north along the shore. My neighbor has a four wheeler to plow, and a pump for flooding. No boards, box goals (true pond hockey, no goalies), this year he put up a flood by running the cord from shore in the ice to a 4 X $ frozen in the lake. We've kept it for about 6 or 7 years now.

If we could just fix those cracks.

What about your rink?

I had one growing up in SW Mpls. This was from the late 70's - mid 80's. My younger brothers carried on the tradition for another 10 years after that. The yard wasn't big and there was a tree & clothesline pole in the middle which always made things interesting. We spent many hours out there playing hockey or boot games. Working on the rink was fun too. Every year we'd change things a little bit trying to make it better. We built the nets with 2x4's & chickenwire. Then we'd put up boards, flood lights and maybe paint some lines in the ice. I'm sure we broke every window at the back of the house & a couple of the neighbors too but it was worth it!