• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone have an HT Polar Escape?

Ralph Wiggum

Ralph are you talking about the HT Polar Escape Iceman?

I got mine from Peterson Outdoors about 8 years ago and it's a nice unit for the price, perfect for my son. It's a little small for me 6' and 240 pounds and a bit heavier than my fish trap pro but the canvas is virtually bullet proof.

I had the Polar Escape Magnum a few years back. Then, it came with two three-legged folding chairs that fell apart after a few uses. I called their customer service and they sent me two 6 gallon buckets with the padded covers as replacements.

The velcro straps holding the canvas to the frame near the ice also ripped. I called and they sent me a whole new entire canvas cover to replace it. Excellent customer service, I'd say.

All in all, I wish I still had it. The two man (the one I had) was only $279 at the time, the cost of everyone elses one man.

I've had my Polar Escape Iceman for four seasons now. It's virtually indestructable. Tough sled, durable cover. It's extremely portable which is nice when you're pulling it long distances on early ice. I'm 6'4", 190 lbs and have enough room to fish comfortably but more room would be nice (however, I know that would come at the cost of extra weight and less portability). I'd prefer the zip door like the Polar Escape X-press.