• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Did anyone say snow??

We should be talking about ice fishing and great trips and all that but mother nature is paying us back in spades for the country club winter we have had until about the start of February. Like the rest of you guys I have sores and aches in pains from pushing, pulling, snow raking, clearing and I have had enough already. I started at 0530 hours with 9" of new snow and 2.5' drifts in front of the garage, by 0730 I was done, thank you to Rome Lab for giving my wife and I a 2 hour reporting delay. Came inside got a drink of water (thought about a peer) and relaxed for a bit, looked out the window an hour and 20 min. later and there was another 2.5". Since we didn't have to go in til 0930 I made a quick whip around the driveways and Rosa and I went to work. Be careful out there guys the banks are very high and the driving is slow, people are having to get up ahead of steam just trying get there cars out into the main road. Also the plows never touched the neighborhood last night or this morning so it will be more work when I depart at 1500, hopefully we won't get much more. Ice fishing is the last thing on my mind right now, raking the snow off my garage and my neighbors and my roof are next.

I think we should wait for things to settle down a bit, I have a report of 2 sleds stuck in snow on the lake, and the guys had to walk in 1/2 of a mile through 2 feet new snow. They were on their way back out according to my mom who was in the diner this morning. I saw 2 or 3 cars by the access, better them than me. We are getting some wind on the lake still, about 1/4 mile visibilty today , maybe we will send the rest to Verona this time. At this point we went from 60-40 to 90-10 for fishing in front of Constantia tommorrow, I have 2 roofs to do today + maybe the old-lady next door.

Timmy give me a jingle here at pop's after a while, I should be around.

TO the shovelman

Hey guys, aka tim+frank. I'm going to see if I can blaze a trail later today from my sisters house with the sled. Theres lots of traffic between Borios and Constantia , this weekend there will be a road between them. Then its just a cruise to the fishing spot a few times, and then we can have fair traveling.

TO Tim

Great Tim maybe tomorrow if Franky is good to go or Monday we can hit it if he isn't already out there today blazing.

Wuss confused.gif - Come on Frank not everyone has a next door neighbor with a plow buddy.. Gimme a call..

Well I got my neighbor's house done roof raking and my garage... Had to get a top of a ladder to get to the back side of the back of the house and man did that 6' overhang make a thud when it broke free. Only took me 4 hours this morning to do all that and blow it out.

I've got my snowshoes all set up and going to take a drive around to Delta and Oneida (east shore and south) to see how the travel on the "ice" is. Al and I may venture out later to soak some spikes somewhere . . .got to get out of this house to do something besides snowblow!!!

I'm still on pop's roof, and haven't touched mine with the rake yet. I'm sure i'll be at this most of today.

Tim, i'll give you a call this afternoon + let you know whats going on, or just give me a call at pop's , i'll be here 4 a bit.

TO Tim

A few off the beach on Delta, maybe 6-8 . . . did not look like a lot of snow around their feet as I could see them walking fairly easy.. No one seen anywhere else on the lake though and I drove all around it. Oneida; snowmobile trails at the bar going to Sylvan and heading past Lewis Pt. Just one very small slush spot off the point but felt firm. it was an easy walk on the trail with snowshoes . . .off the trail went down about 6-8 inches, but still not a problem. Did not take the snowshoes off to see how deep I could sink! Saw 2 fishing off the Pier 31 area and about a dozen off Lewis Pt. Drove up to LP and there were about 6+ vehicles in the parking lot . . . plus one goose. Goose acts like he is patrolling the area!! There is a snowmobile trail leading out to the fishing access. Lastly, drove to Edgewater Park area. The p-lot has not been cleared and about 10 vehicles parked along the road. Seemed like about 20 out on the ice anywhere from 200 to 1000 yds out. One snowmobile and several huts. Did not seem like the snow was that deep but there was a lot of snow blown up into the beach houses. At least there is a couple of paths going out so an easier pull until you go off the path. I would say the bottom line is: you don't know if you don't go. . . but better safe than sorry. I haven't looked at any other site to see if there are any reports. That's it . . .probably going tomorrow though.