• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Did anyone say snow??

Well boys just got the word there predicting in Central New York starting at 3 p.m. today a noreaster that could dump potentially 16"to 24" of snow. This sucks and this time none of us can hide, everywhere is supposed to be hit even Redfield like they need anymore crazy.gif

I'm &^%$in over it already, I almost buried my brother-in laws sled yesterday in front of Constantia. Theres plenty ice underneath if that's a bonus. His sled is a ski-doo 500 trail, so it's not the lightest thing to move sideways to get a grip. The snow is god for traveling now, but just be careful where you park as there are slushy spots 4 sure. We need a 50 mile a hour wind to get the snow off the lake, and send it all to vermont.

To Tim

Tim hopefully we will get the high winds they call for that seems to have helped us out already.If with any luck it will be fluffy snow if heavy wet snow were screwed mad.gif. Maybe we will get a NNW west wind and it will push it to the east coast that would be nice.

Right now we are smack in the middle of the 20-32 inch band. WAS nice walking on the lake today with only a dusting. Gonna booger up my v-Day plans too. I had a jacuzzi suit reserved up in Skaneatlas for me and the landscaping lady but we'll see how bad it is tomorrow...

I'm thinking Oneida will be in rough shape this weekend, but it's anyones guess. I know the machine I would be riding on weighs a ton, and is a (Contact Us Please) to get out of deep snow. Right now i'd say we have 12-15 heavy granular snow, and no winds at all. There is 3 days till saturday though, and at this point conditions can only improve, they couldn't get very much worse. I'll be here working all day again tim if you wanna call, I see you got the day off today.:-)

TO Tim

HOLY SNOW It just took me 3 hrs to plow the driveway out with the garden tractor with a plow on it.Some spots i had to shovel a lane to get going enough to push it.Its all cleaned out now time to go to work mad.gifThe snowblowers broke its time to get it fixed the main bearing went in the auger mad.gif looks like the walkings going to be tough for fishing but its gotta be done grin.gif.

Here in NE Montana, we havn't had more than 10 inches of snow all winter. I don't miss it a bit. I see on the news it is getting pretty bad for you guys there. Hope you get a break prety soon. It is very cold here today. -25 this morning without a wind and that helps. CAJ

Yep it started at 0630 hours this morning with 8-9" of the white stuff before I was done with the first run it was 1030 hours. That was twice blowing out in between I cleared the neighbors and my house and the garages with a snow rake that wasn't to bad a deal there because on the northwest side 2/3rd's up to the peak I broke the zero barrier and it avalanched twice on both sides of the porch and just missed me shocked.gif

Had to go to the store and get gas for my Mom's blower and also filled up my 5 gal. reserve tank as that was dry. Of course the only thing that will keep me fueled and chipper is nice ice cold peers between runs. Hey boys this Coors Lights for you... laugh.gif

We picked up another 4" of snow since then and it's still snowing. I am taking a break till 1500 before I go back out again. Everyone in the neighborhood is chipping in I did the teachers and helped a couple of my neighbors as well., gonna be sore tomorrow. frown.gif

I got 6' snowbanks now at the house, lovely...

Tank - Sorry I missed your call and if your wanting a report well I gotta good one for ya... It's not ice fishing but it's snow and more snow grin.gif

Well at least your snowblower wasn't in the shop Tim. My brother-in law let me borrow his spare this morning thank god. But we couldn't lift it into the truck so I drove it 1/3 of a mile to my pop's house. Then I got to work on the driveway and lifelines to the bird feeders. 1:30 pm now, guess i'll take a break then got to work .

I LOVE NEW YORK!!!!

TO the snowman

I measured 25 inches of fresh stuff at 4:30 on my front sidewalk that was clear yesterday at noon. Snowblower choked on the first pull and thought I was going to be a candidate for a heart attack . . but it started. Did Donnies big driveway and half his other one before he made an appearance. Ate something that disagreed with him the night before . . .I think he is the newest member of the 3 day crud that's been going around. And to think he was with me for a couple of hours last night. Oh yeah, on to a report . . . sorry have not ventured out.

Maybe we can get a groomer out on oneida to make us a nice track from east to west on the north shore and out in the channel crazy.gif. yea right its a good thought its 6.30 pm now ive got about 2 1/2 feet of fresh snow today and its still snowing i hope it stops soon the old lawn tractor with the plow is getting a work out. and the drive way is getting pretty narrow.thats my report.

Well its no better in the southern tier.Jay and I plowed twice today with the 4 wheeler.The second time before dark the 4 wheeler was ok if you stayed on the paths that were made before but get off the path and the 4 wheeler got stuck.

I want to thank the Rome DPW for the the nice 2.5' they dumped in the bottom of my drive way that took me 45. min. to clear out and was doing pretty good until I hit Scott's place about half way through the bottom of his driveway I snapped a shear pin, good thing I have a couple of spares. I started at 0500 finished at O630 and am at work now. And the good news is the lake effect is starting to organize and we could see 2 to 8 more inches today shocked.gif

And the hits just keep coming frown.gif

Lee- Missed your post, I sent one to work...

Crapshoot cnypanfisher?? - Tim that's what I thought too until I walked in to Frank's office this morning. He want's to give here a go Saturday come heck or high water. So were planning on it still. It's whipping pretty good right now just got back from lunch. As far as snow Tim I will sacrifice Rome for easy access and fishing on Oneida... I'm that type of guy wink.gif I'll try the shop in a few..

What up DC?

Franky talked to cnypanfisher for a while and it don't look good but I will talk to him again tomorrow and I'll call ya. Call me when you get home and I'll run the coleman cooler seat cushion material over.

Its about 3.30am just got done doing the driveway AGAIN Im glad I dont have to work today the snow just keeps COMING.I would rather be fishing than removing snow but what can you do? This is going to put a damper on the ice fishing around here. Tim that sucks about what the DPW did up your way I would be pretty pi$$ed about that keep me posted if there is any place that is walkable for fishing :confused.you have my # give me a call I hope everyones makeing out alright with all the snow removal hopefully it will stop soon shocked.gif.