• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Non-res portable fee

Someone asked earlier about license fees for non-resident portable ice shelters. I can't find it, and don't know if it was answered. The regs state $31.50 for non-resident portable, season, and $18.50 for a 7-day. Add to that the vendor's fee and it's easy to see why non-residents get ticked off.

FYI in ND the fee is $0.00, zip.

They dropped all fee's for shacks last season on resident or non-resident alike.

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 12-31-2001).]

I'm the one who posted the question about portables and licenses. I failed to include that I planned to fish the backwaters of the Mississippi, on the Minn. side. I made it up this past weekend and grabbed a copy of the Minn. 2001 fishing regs. and this is what I found.
Page 47 Border waters; halfway down the page
Fish houses do notneed to be licensed if the bordering state does not require a license. Currently, Wi., Ia., SD.,do not require a fish house license.
I'm a resident of Ia., with a non-resident Wi. fishing license, so I'm covered all the way as long as I don't fish inside the state of Minn.
I hope I didn't confuse too many of you.
These state regulations can sometimes be very vague. I have absolutely no problem with buying the required licenses as I feel Minn. does a very good job of providing fishing opportunities, but why spend the money when you don't have to.
Thanks for the help guys.

So there you go. All of MN neighbor's (ND, SD, IA, WI) don't require a license. It really ticks me off that I have to license a portable for use in MN. This is one rule I would love to see changed, even if it's just for portables.

Rod,
as much as I hate to part with money, I don't mind when I know its gonna help some natural resource. I will gladly pay that portable fee and any other fees the DNR throws at me as long as they remain one of the best natural resources agencys in the country. They have been faced with cuts,cuts, and more cuts and yet we expect more and more from them. I think they need more support from the general public. This is one state agency that I fully pledge my support to and am sure many other sportsmen and women do too. Truth be told I kind of admire conservation officers for being willing to take the paycut from just about any other job and protecting our pristine natural resources. Sorry I don't mean to beat up on you rod, I just saw this as an opportunity to pledge my support to the MN DNR.