• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

T/C Encore accuracy?

snapcrackpop

Looking for a combo setup.

Any experience or read a good review about the T/C Encore?

I was thinking about getting a .204(now) and a .243(later).

It all started with winning another .17HMR at a banquet. I was busy helping the committe and my wife had to pick one. (she doesn't know a BB from a slug, which is a good thing and a bad thing grin.gif)

So now I am looking to get something like a .243 that will double as a beginner deer rifle for the kids in a few years, and a varmint rifle. Thought about the Savage 10 or 11 in a .243 and came upon the T/C site.

Was hoping to stay under $200 to boot, but now teased by my options....

Oh yea, and I hear the NEF and Rossi get poorer accuracy.

Quote:

On the Savage site take a look at the Stevens 200 model.

Thanks, but no clip or Accutrigger on that one. Plus the youth Savage Model 10 or 11 comes with a 50% off coupon for an adult stock.

Roosterslayer, thanks that's good to hear. Maybe I'll put that back on the maybe list...

I also like the idea of many barrel options to add later (muz, shot, .17, .204, 30-06, etc).

More thoughts needed, thanks.