• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NWTF Banquets

Hotspotter

Just making a shameless plug to attend the NWTF banquet in the area that you hunt.

In the past, I've had some problems with some of what the NWTF national office has done, and some of the politics over biology that has taken place in different states. However, no matter what your stance is, your local banquet is a way to put a few dollars right into the flocks of birds you'll be hunting.

For instance, our local chapter does some of the following:

-provide corn seed for local habitat planting

-provide free tree seedling species that benefit wild turkeys

-work with existing landowners to provide turkey habitat incentives in CRP, CREP, and other set-asides

-work to provide ample opportunity to hunt turkeys on various private lands

-get youngsters into the sport with various hunts

This is your opportunity to give something back in the area you hunt, while benefitting your personal hunt! In the process, you'll have fun, get included in a membership that gets you a great turkey hunting magazine, and will most likely walk away with a prize. Our banquet strives for 70-75%% return on prizes, to ensure that most folks don't walk away empty-handed.

For those of you that hunt close to where you live, and especially those of you that travel to hunt, this is a great opportunity!!! As you might imagine, many of the folks that attend the banquet are landowners that you've been looking to talk to. They might be much more inclined to let you hunt considering what you're giving back. Either way, it's a great way to get a chance to talk to them and meet up.

Most folks don't know how dedicated local chapters of the NWTF can be, and that what happens on the neighbors 40 directly affects your spring hunt! Be there and support the local chapters by attending a banquet in the area you hunt.

Joel

I agree with you 100% Joel. I have attended these banquets for the past twenty years. It doesnt matter if its the NWTF,PF,DU or whatever group it is, they all work in the sportsmans favor. Without these groups our wildlife would not be in the shape it is in now. I dont always agree with all thier policies but, they are doing what is needed to help keep our wildlife populations at a huntable level.

The banquets are awesome events. Even up here in the northern range we get a great turnout. I've been on the board for a number of years. I can't believe the growth the club has experienced and the overall affect turkey relocation has had. It sure is a fun sport. Our Banquet is March 3 up in Nisswa, Minnesota. I can't wait!

pwt if you guys have a silent auction I could send a pair of matched pot sets up. I do a few for the local nonprofits auctions around home here and they do well. Usually a 3" slate, two strikers, and a box with a glass lid all out of the same wood. Let me know asap. cw642 at yahoo . com

Joel, Amen on the local banquets. I live in Excelsior and I'm a sponsor at a banquet in 440 where I hunt. It is a good way to meet locals and make new friends.

The food is good and the prizes, well let's just say I have been very lucky.

I should also add it's a fun time for the kids. I take my nephews evey year. NWTF has a great jakes program.

huntmup