• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Bill

Want to kill my sled

Wife has a 01' AC 440 sno-pro CC.

The kill switch on the handle bar, and the tether strap have no effect.

The only way I can kill the sled is with the choke.

(It has no key)

The kill switches used to work.

Any ideas where to start ?? confused.gif

Check all the connectors coming out of the stator to make sure nothing is unplugged. There is a 4-prong plug that you unhook to bypass the kill swith and throttle safety switch and I'm guessing that is whats unplugged. If everything looks good there follow the wires down from your tether or kill switch and make sure all is good. I'm betting something came unplugged or some wires broke.

I still think its the kill switch every AC I have ever owned DOAH! has had a bad kill switch they are kind of known for that.

Thanks,

I'll look closer at the wiring this weekend. I can't see anything obvious.

The switch don't look like it can be taken apart without breaking it. I think I'll just replace it.

If the four prong connector from the stator is un plugged your headlights and tail light would not work either. If I am right the kill switch on the sno pro is a small button next to the throttle assy, not part of it. The wires for that and the tether switch are located behind the dash panel and that it probably where you will find a broken or unplugged wire.