• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Siding colors???

Deep_Sinker

I will be re-siding my house this spring and can't figure out what colors to use for my trim and siding. Anyone have any advice? I have a smaller bungalow style house with brownish shingles. I have been leaning towards a red with cream trim but am not sure if this will scare away future buyers, especially if the red is a fad. I guess I just don't know if I should go modern or traditional. Have you seen something that looks real nice? I have thought about doing a different color shake in the gabled areas as well but not sure with the red siding? Any advice?

If you are able to due to building codes and stuff my advice would be to do something different. By different I mean side the house so it doesn't look like every other house in the county. My opinion only but the all the houses lined up, all looking the same, with grey siding, is not very cool.

What type of siding do you plan on using. The reason I ask is if you want to go darker, definately do not go with vinyl. If you want to check out what is available, a good place to look is North Country Dist in Osseo. They sell 3-4 different types of vinyl, a few different steels, and the best siding of them all, Hardie-plank.

Yes, that is what they say. If you believe that I've got a bridge to sell you. I was in the business for years. In the fine print it does say that they warranty against fading. What you will find out is that what that means is that they warranty against fading unevenly. If you go to a house that is sided in vinyl that is more than 5 years old, and pull back a lap, 90% of the time you can tell exactally which part was covered from the sun. There is one company out there that has a good warranty policy, and that is Royal. I used to use that when I couldn't sell the customer on a better product. You can see it at ABC supply in Orono and Allied which is in St Cloud, and I believe St Louis Park. I have witnessed 9 year old Royal barn red vinyl with no fade. They are pretty proud of these dark colors, and the price reflects it. Light earth tones are going to be your best bet. You can email me if you would like some advise or tips. [email protected]