• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Time to Update your Lowrance Software again

PerchJerker

Just wanted to make sure you're all aware that in the last month or two Lowrance put new software version updates on their site for all/most of their gps units and antennas. You can download the new software to a SD card and update your gps, both permanent mounts and handhelds. If you have a permanent mount with external antenna make sure you update to the latest software for the antenna too.

On their site go to Products, then Software, then Updates. From there just follow the directions. Good luck.

I haven't read the update so I don't know for sure what it does.

Some of the things the the earlier updates did was improve communications between the unit and the antenna, and took care of some funny software glitches in the menus.

I've heard that the newest update improves some features with the LowranceNet. For example, right now I have two gps that are connected via the network, but if I set a waypoint on one gps it doesn't show on the other one. But with the new software a waypoint you set on one will show on the other, if they're both turned on and networked.

The way I look at it is there's a reason they do the updates, so I load them to my units to make sure they're up to date and functioning as well as possible.