• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just got back from my first trip to Mille Lacs..

Kylersk

Lost two nice pigs. One at the bottom of the hole, and the other after she took a run and took my hook with. Saw both, but didnt land em.

Caught maybe half a dozen or so smaller 10-12ish inch eyes.

I also landed a 24" eye.

24eye.jpg

Landed an eel pout at 9am? Yes, I'm a wimp and put the gloves on. blush.gif

eelpout.jpg

And brought home dinner for tonight. (17" and 19").

2eye.jpg

One thing I noticed.. I dont take good pictures.. Luckilly my son snapped a bunch... Even then I couldnt really find any good ones to post.

Also, It costs $74 to have a tow truck come and deliver you gas. Run out about 3 miles south of Rogers trying to make it to the next station. Luckilly I had roadside assistance and didnt have to pay, except for the hour and half wait. frown.gif

Over all my son and I had a great time..

awesome man, glad to see you had fun!!! where did you end up going out of, and what flat did you fish?? you mentioned going out of garrison. My house is out of garrison sports on a flat. I'm taking my daughter up to the palace next weekend for a night!! can't wait and I think she's pretty pumped too!!

I went out of Garrison Sports. Purchases a scoop of FatHeads, Scoop Of Crappie minnows, Dozen Shiners and told him I'll be out from Friday to Sunday. Total charge was $25, much better than I thought. I fished 8 mile, in about 23' of water. His road didnt go there, but he said I wouldnt have a problem getting to it. Which I didnt. I dont know the Mille Lacs eticate as far as road usage and who to pay. I'm guessing if there was snow on the lake, I wouldnt have been able to get there from Garrison sports?

edit: I guess I fished 7 mile. I only had my hand held GPS and must have mis-read it.

Kari is great to work with and won't over-charge you at all!! class act guy, glad I work with him with my fish house. I don't think his roads go that far out, but with the lack of snow this year, you'd be able to drive anywhere on the lake!! You probably drove past my house to get to 7 mile!!

Ryan, As you head out on his road, there's a right you can take. I'm not sure if it's the official road, but there is a marker there. The road wasnt really plowed, but looked like it may have been at one point? Anyways, that's how I got out to 7 mile. I just followed another set of tracks out.

Crestliner, I didnt catch squat on a jig.. Granted I didnt jig a ton. Caught everything on rattle reels. I think I may have had 2 set up with red hooks and 2 set up with white glow. After I lost a hook, I cant even remember what color I replaced it with. So, I cannot say what worked best. 6am to about 9am and right around dark (in the evening) were the only times I had any action. In between.. nothing. Not even over night. Basically, bare hook with fat head bobber fishing, seemed to work best, and it was the easiest. smirk.gif

Hey Kylersk, don't feel too bad about throwing on the gloves. I caught my first eelpout ever this weekend (Mille Lacs) and did the same thing. None of the other guys in the house wanted anything to do with it either.