• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Paul Waldowski

For all those staying with us at Battle River Lodge for Slabfest

Ok guys,

We are starting to get close to this event. What does everyone want to do? I figured if each group of guy brings up one thing for a kind of potluck. We should be good to go. I know Cheffrey was talking about bringing up steaks for one night and I would be more than willing to bring up a couple of pans of Lasagna for the other. Looking for guys to bring something for lunch out on the ice for Saturday and maybe something for breakfast on Saturday and Sunday morning. What does everyone think of that??

BTW the final tally is 10:

Myself

sheepheadslayer (Kevin)

Harvey Lee

Dietz and Dad

TT from Blaine

ST (Frank)

Boilerguy and Son

Cheffrey

I will bring 2-3 dozen eggs, sausage or good bacon, and bread for toast. I will also have some salt and pepper and some type of preserve for the toast.

That should take care of 1 breakfest.

That would be great Paul, I just keep thinkin how good that veny was on Hansons grill last year grin.gif I have a little charcol one but its a hassle if your on the move. and H.L. I can see great minds think alike grin.gif

ICE DOG 1 out

Cheffrey,

Let's plan on you doing dinner on Friday night.

Alright we now have dinner both nights covered, lunch on the ice on Saturday, breakfast on Saturday, some snacks covered. Looking for breakfast and lunch on Sunday.

The butcher plant just called and said my Lake trout from the Burntside bash is done being smoked. I will also bring that along for a small treat.

I can bring burgers, and cheese and buns ect... Or, paul if you can think of something better.. I would be more than happy to do that as well... TALK TO ME OHHH GRAND PUBA!

Actually it almost looks like all the meals are covered.. can I help someone with theirs?.. Or buy something to go with another meal?.. a load of chips?... Bunch of cookies and munchie type stuff? brownies?

Dietz, you could bring some extra cheese and crackers and I will bring plenty of venison sausage all cut up. We can always have some crackers with the smoked laker I am bringing with.

Ok guys here are some last minute details.

I will post directions as soon as they are available to me. Probably tomorrow. I'm wondering who is all arriving and when???

Friday dinner is on me

Harvey has breakfast on Saturday

Tommy has lunch on Saturday

Cheffrey has dinner on Saturday night

Frank has breakfast Sunday morning

Boilerguy has lunch Sunday

Dietz will be the snackmaster smile.gif

We can get into the lodge anytime after noon. Here are the directions. Keep in mind these are coming up from the Drake Motel in Blackduck. Jerry (the owner of the lodge) has a store in Saum so people can stop there if they get lost. He carries a full line of groceries, has gas, and also a full liquor store for any last minute needs. The store is called Woldens Store.

Start out going WEST on PINE AVE toward FRONTAGE RD. <0.1 miles

2: Turn RIGHT onto FRONTAGE RD. 0.1 miles

3: Turn LEFT onto SUMMIT AVE W / CR-30. <0.1 miles

4: Turn RIGHT onto US-71. 0.2 miles

5: Stay STRAIGHT to go onto MN-72. 9.8 miles

6: Stay STRAIGHT to go onto CR-36. 4.4 miles

7: Turn LEFT onto CR-38. 5.0 miles

8: CR-38 becomes CR-23. 2.2 miles

9: Turn LEFT to stay on CR-23. 0.5 miles

10: End at 41899 Pioneer Rd Ne

Saum, MN 56650-3111, US

My cell number is 651-247-6053