• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nils Master Hand Ice Auger Use

LXHunter

I recently purchased and used just last night a 6" Nils Master ice auger. The thing cuts real nice! My question is (I've already searched the forum for the answer) with the offset handle, the thing likes to wobble as your cutting, is that normal or am I doing something wrong?

I just had an epiphany(sp.?) and I think I answered my own question. smile.gif Unlike my Lazer where you keep the top hand centered over the hole when augering, it appears both hands are used in concert when augering a hole with a Nils Master. Am I right? Last night I tried keeping the top hand centered over the hole, and thus experienced wobbling when augering.

Thanks alot for the quick response and confirming what I thought. I'm off to test it again today. First maybe some tip up fishing for pike at my neighbors on the Grand River (couple of years back he watched somebody pull a 48" through the ice on a backwater off the river) and later tonight some crappie action on one of the local lakes.