• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lights

Supposidly, most of the fish and bigger fish will stay just out of the light. The floating and submersable lights work well. I would try drilling 4 holes, one for the light, one next to light to check for bait and plankton and jigging deep under the light. And the other 2 I'd try at your 8-10' off to each side. I have never had great luck with lights, but if they are attracting minnows the fish sould follow. Years ago I did this and we fished straight below the lantern to the point where your lure just dissapears and in the light we could see minnows and crappies quickly darting up from below to hit our lures and minnows.

using submersible lights in minnesota is illegal.

"-Using an artificial light to lure or attract fish, or to see fish when spearing, is unlawful. Except while angling, a person may affix to the end of a fishing line a lighted artificial bait with hooks attached." 2001 MN Fishing Regulations. Pg 28

sorry to ruin your idea robbor but I'm just lookin out for my fellow minnesotan anglers.