• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
jiggin pig

old ice fishing beer can

Here is a keeper beer can that came to me as a gift. I have no clue how old it is, but now it is on my wall by my fishing stuff.

[image]Schmidtscan.jpg[/image]

Its from the mid -70's. there were 24 different ones, hunting, fishing and others. My father-in-law had 2 complet sets that got thrown out when they moved to a smaller place. frown.gif I bet they could be worth something now.

I love those old Schmidt cans! I have a small collection myself. I know I bought some of them at the antique store in Red Wing years ago.

it must say, THE BREW THAT GREW WITH THE GREAT NORTHWEST.

seems thats what I remember from them old cans.

A few years ago I tried to collect all the "animal packs" and got all the different animals. However, I eventually realized that schmidt taste like [PoorWordUsage] and don't drink it anymore

I was a collector in the 70's and have most if not all of that series. Fortunately I was too young to drink and didn't have to worry about the taste. Dad even drained a few from the bottom right into the sink because he couldn't drink any more.

That can is still one of my favs.

I know I have at least one old beer can like that and I think I have a steel coke can too along with the complete set of "stack up Uncle Sam" 7-up cans from 1975-76 in my collection of (insert your favorite adjective) at the lake.

I just had a friend call and ask about the can or cans. He stated he might have access to a couple more for me around that era. i hope so. will see. plus i just found some on hsolist that are pretty reasonable.

If my memory serves me correctly, Les Kouba (the well known artist/painter that did the "darkhouse" series of paintings) did the artwork for the Schmidt Wildlife Series that this can is part of. Actually if you look close at any one of the Darkhouse paintings you will see a Schmidt can in the background.

Nail on head about Les Kouba doing these. He also did the Old Dutch logo. He was diversified. smile.gif

I have a number of these cans, been collecting since I was 10 or so. Lost most of my collection in a move many years ago. SOmetimes on hsolist you can get whole collections of these Schmidt cans for not too much. The premium comes if someone has an unused can sheet from the factory (the outside of the can in unrolled, unused form - makes a nice framed picture). Been thinking of carfefully unrolling these cans for a whole wall of Kes Kouba pictures. smile.gif