• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Quick, any Ideas for open water photography?

Finally got the mono/tri pod from Canoga. Have some idea of the cameras capability, and the the lens capability, not the photographers capability (and don't expect much). Where do you suggest I go to photograph flying birds in open water? 100-400L with 30d.? Considering I finally have some time of my own and am in NE Mnpls, where do I go to "test" the camera and lens in servo mode? Where is open water, Red Wing? Monticello-St. Cloud? Anything closer? Buzz?? laugh.gif

Try just south of the Anoka dam on the Rum river. It's located in downtown Anoka. Getting to the river's edge can be hard, but tons of ducks sitting down there. Also, try just down river of the Coon Rapids dam on the Mississippi. Hope this helps.