• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

reports spirit or okiboji

Coming down from MN to visit my dad for the weekend and looking to do some fishing aroung spirit lake. Never fished there before does anyone have any tips or reports. THANKS

not sure i can give you directions, but i have read some good posts about the action on the wahpeton canals just off of emerson bay on west okoboji. maybe there is a map you can find. the water is supposed to be very clear, lots of good gills and crappies. a few bass here and there. most liekly won't see a perch. those canals do seem to keep you out of the wind if you're fishing outside. good luck, let us know how ya did either way. cool.gif

Thanks for the info I will deffinately give a report tomorrow after we get done. Not exactly sure were we are going to go there or spirit. Might also look for some wally's.

i was just on another site, looks like the traditional spots are a little slow. you might have to think outside the box. but then again you are fishing on a frozen lake, isn't that a little off to start with cool.gif i have a soft spot for anglers bay on spirit. that was my intro to ice fishing. wow what a day jumbo perch for hours, crystal clear waters, lots of fun. i haven't been the same since, and that was 15 years ago.

Went to west okogoji this afternoon. Nothing bitting, went to Emersons bay and eagle point? There were plenty of fish that we could see down the hole (mostly big perch but some sun fish and one walleye and one musky). Wow that is some clear water. Tried about everything I had as far as jigs and tried crappie minnows and wax worms but couldn't get them to bite. We drove my truck out there and there was about 16" of ice in the bay and only 12" off the point where we were. No fish but still fun.

lookin. a tip for saving money for fishing goodies and such. check with the boss.( your wife! grin.gif) see if it is ok for you to start a daddys' piggy bank.i place all my loose change in a tub, and that is for toys . it takes time, but i manage to save 300-400 a year doing that.(I sneek a little extra in once in a while too! grin.gif)

when mine get to college, we plan to move back to midwest. they are in the 8th grade now. they are very mature one min then completely helpless the next. i guess that is typical 14 year old.

i beleive i saw the okoboji report on a site whose name is synonomous with a homemade building that one would ice fish from. i also post on an Iowa site that is for the Outdoors.

hey del, my folks are from Janesville, if i'm ever visiting my grandma we'll have to get together and fish or golf cool.gif