• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

firearms buying/selling question

carpshooterdeluxe

does anybody know how receptive dealers are to buying good quality used guns, or taking more than one gun on trade for a new one? i have a few guns that i never shoot anymore, a marlin .22 i won (already have 4 other .22s) a NEF handi rifle .243, and a winchester 1400 mk2 20 gauge that are all just collecting dust. anybody know where i could go in western or central minnesota to recieve a fair price on trade in or outright sale?

I sold two guns to Scheels in Sioux Falls last summer. Gary's also buys guns. You won't get retail type prices selling to a store as they need to make a buck re-selling them again, but you will get a decent price for them close to what you'd get on trade. In my particular case Gary's had too much inventory already of the two particular guns I was selling so they weren't interested in buying them, but the manager told me exactly what I should expect to get paid for them by a private party and by another retailer if I went somewhere else. On the two guns, Scheels gave me exactly what he said on one and $25 more on the other so I thought it was a fair deal.

Call Steve at Kjergaard Sports in Lake Benton. He might be interested in buying a few guns.

Also, I can't help but to mention how well his guns are priced (if you are ever looking to buy). I'd like to post some of his prices specifically compared to a large sporting goods store, but I am not sure if I can post stuff like that.

rost, i can believe that a small time guy can have better prices than a big box store. when my grandpa was in business i would page through his wholesale catalogs daily. its amazing the markup a lot of places get away with and still convince you you got a good "deal". i do all my firearms buying through one guy who holds his ffl and charges a small fee per gun to order for me. if i buy 4 guns a year from him, ive saved enough on markup to buy a fifth sometimes. problem is now, ive got 27 guns and need to start getting rid of some!

It might be farther than you want to drive, but call the Hunter's Den gun shop between Comfrey and Springfield, MN.

Do a search as I know he has a web site. He has an excellent reputation in the area, and always has an ad in several local papers for buying guns.

DD