• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

frozen bobber

dashhound

Quote:

Does the weight of your jig and/or bait determine how much you trim off of the ice busters? In stock form they are pretty long.

You bet it does, that is why its important to have quite a few of these.. I have one for each weight lure I have(within reason).

And you can use a small piece of toothpick to get 2 pieces to stick together in the chance you cut off too much, but its not a permanent fix for sure. LOL

And in America it is the idea that is worth the $. Personally I don't know any ice fisherman who doesn't use the Ice Buster bobber these days. And if you trim off just a little to much foam, sticking just the toothpick itself in the end usually is enough to rectify the situation. cool.gif

BartmanMN, Always make sure that you have the jig and bait on and down the hole before you start trimming the Ice Buster down. That way you wont trim off to much and then see the bobber sink away. If I have a minnow on a jig, I will let the minnow show me how far he is pulling the bobber down. Then I will usually start trimming the bobber down to make it more sensitive.

As for another question I haven't sold millions of bobbers yet and just because they are selling for lets say $1.50 in a store doesn't mean that I'm making $1.50 on each one. I wish I was though! I sell the bulk of my Ice Busters to a distributor, then the distributor gets his cut when he sells it to a bait shop, and he gets his cut selling it to the smart fisherman buying an ICE BUSTER BOBBER. I also appreciate everyone buying them. It still makes me shake my head seeing a frozen bobber on someones line. I've been out many times on different lakes and I'll walk over to someone a see them struggling with a frozen bobber and I'll cut it off thier line and put an Ice Buster on instead and explain how it works etc. They'll come back and find me later and are pretty excited about their new find. All of my Ice Fishing products are made for me first then I put them on the market for everyone else to make their life a little more easy when fishing.

Have Fun! Bruce Mosher

yup, just like when u pay $1.60 for a bottle of soda at a gas station, in all reality the soda only costs 10-15cents to make, then u gotta figure in the packaging, the cut the distributer gets, the gas to deliver it, and the cut the gas station gets to sell it, that all adds up quick, it accually paying more for the plastic bottle than the soda, thats why usually u will find the 2 lieters cheeper than the 20oz

Some thing else you can do with Ice Busters is they make it possible to use your rod with a rattle reel. blush.gif

I have attached pictures to show you what I mean.

For guys out there like me who have no feeling in their fingers and can't hand line worth a [PoorWordUsage] this has been a gift from heaven IMO. I can utilize a rattle reel and still have the luxury of a rod and reel with a drag.

rattlereel.jpg

I have a half dozen Icebusters trimmed to different lengths and to balance a jig, I try one and then go longer or shorter to find the one that balances right. One of the features that I like is that when rigging up, I would often tie on my jig and then find out I had forgotten to slide on the slip bobber. Cut the knot and start over. No More!

I just wish Bruce would come out with a model that is all bright orange instead of the yellow foam for us old duffers with old eyes. I know about the light stick trick but at times, bright orange would sure be nice. Bruce, if you make them, put me down for half a dozen. smile.gif

Tried the Ice Buster yesterday for the 1st time and am sold!! No more frozen bobbers for me.

If I'm not in the perm on ML, I'm out in the elements on a bucket, so no freeze/easy on/off are big pluses.

Next innovation: Fluorscent??

Nice product Bruce.

Guys,

I'm currently trying to make a Glow Sleeve for the 5" Ice Busters. I was also thinking of packaging an Orange Sleeve for the 5" also. That way you could see the bobber (with the orange sleeve) in the hole more easily during the day. You could also trim it after sliding the sleeve down, or you could put on the Glow Sleeve for night fishing. Right now the Glow sleeve stays lit for approx 15 minutes. Maybe it needs more glow?

What do you guys think? Let me know.

Bruce Mosher - Research and development is always fun!

15 mins seems fine.. If you have to hit it with a headlamp light for a seccond every 15 mins, I think that would be great. Fun stuff... I dont think your going to get it to last much longer than that.. Glow doesnt work as well as it gets colder.. I think a bobber gets a bit cold at times..LOL

I tried out the Glow Sleeve last night and after 15 minutes it still was glowing pretty decent. It was pitch black outside. Even after 30 ninutes it was barely glowing. I think I need to try 20% glow in the mold. The batch I'm testing has 15% glow in it. You can still move the sleeve up or down the shaft of the bobber to pop the Ice Off or trim it for sensitivity. Bruce Mosher

I found another use for you bobber bruce, when I leave my sleeper at the end of the weekend I take my tank an regulater with exposing open fuel line to the elements, Your foam bobber fit in the copper tubing just right to keep out snow an ice. The foam bobber is no doubt the best out there, I could fish with others but I wouldnt get the satifaction I do with the ice buster. I miss your foam walker, That thing is so deadly on the rainy. A bottom bouncer that you can fish anchored above the holes, trolling, bank fishing, pretty much how ever ya want to. I dont see them much, how can I get some from ya? Put some in your takle box an i'll buy them when me an Jamie fish the opener on maple. later boar

Quote:

I miss your foam walker, That thing is so deadly on the rainy. A bottom bouncer that you can fish anchored above the holes, trolling, bank fishing, pretty much how ever ya want to. I dont see them much, how can I get some from ya?

Boar- You should be able to order the Foam Walkers right from Todays Tackle. Their HSOforum has a link to order some. But I agree with you, they are another really slick product!

I like the idea of lighting these bobbers up. It makes me think that you could easily poke a hole in the end of the foam and stick one of those matchstick sized LED bobber lights in the foam.

I wonder if you could poke a very lightweight wire in the end of one of these bobbers and put some kind of lightweight marker (like a piece of scrap piece of bobber foam) on the top of the wire so that you could deadstick a line outside of your portable see the marker above the hole through a window. Anyone ever try anything like this? Any thoughts on were to get some stiff, lightweight wire?

Fishing Rookie, I've put long toothpicks into the top of a 5" Ice Buster with a piece of orange bobber foam on the top. That way I can see it from a distance. The Toothpick is light weight and works good. Good luck experimenting. Bruce Mosher