• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jr. and DEI

bassNspear

Agreed. Jr. should be the major share holder in DEI. If not, then leave. To heck with his stepmom who simply married into the whole deal. It should be owned by Jr. or his brother (or both). If, or possibly now when, he leaves, DEI I think will be in serious trouble and the whole thing might fall apart, eventually. Most everything DEI has is based on Jr. being there.

My feeling on this subject is that if Dale was still here, none of this would be going on. Fact of the matter is, JR is the son of one of the best drivers in the world, and if hes not part of there organization, how the heck can you even call it DEI without a Dale driving a car for them.

Personally I think Jr is WAY out of line. Teresa owns the business and no business owner in the world would give their employee, not even their biggest employee, over 1/2 the company. Its absolutely absurd.

Think about it, Kevin Garnett's next contract he wants Glen Taylor to give him 51% of the T-Wolves. How long do you think it would take Taylor to tell him to get lost and him leaving the wolves right now would be just as big for them as Jr. leaving DEI...

If all you "Jr. is the end all and be all of NASCAR" sheep would step back and listen to this for a second you'd see its utterly ridiculous. Should he get SOME ownership percentage, sure why not. But 51%?????? Come on...

Im not sure if i can agree with you on this. Im not really that big of a JR fan, but the way that i feel about it is this, If dale was here, it would be taken care of and none of this stuff would be going on right now. I think that ya she does own the company, but can you see JR way from his FATHERS company. No way.

I think it depends on why he wants 51% of ownership?

May be junior feels that she not doing enough to keep up with technology, getting the right people, etc.

DEI is a good race team, but it still needs to improve to be dominant!

Ok so you guys think my Garnett example is wrong because this is family and not really the same. OK, so then why should Little E get this company and all the other kids not get their share of it? You all act like he has some right to have all this just because it was his dad's, but Dale had like four other kids who have just as much rights to it. Plus, Teresa is the surviving spouse, what about her rights to it? She was in on this business since it started, and frankly almost every will gives everything to the spouse first like Dale's must have anyway.

From my perspective as an attorney and as a guy who advises people in estates and in business, this is just plain nuts to even be discussing. I really don't see why you guys think its just great just because its the chosen one, the hallowed and infallable..."Little E". Cripes pretty soon you guys are going to want people to genuflect when they say his name.

first off I like Jr. and I think he will go to childress and drive the 3 car someday, but We don't know what is actually going on behing the scene. I don't think jr. should get it. yeah It may have been his dads company but if you would remember when it got started teresa was part owner along with Sr. If Jr. should not get it and leave I think it would realy hurt dei maybe even kill them.

Maybe the cure to the DEI control issue would be to have 5 involved in the decisions. Theresa and the kids. I also believe that the day will come when Jr will leave DEI over the control issue. I dont know if R. Childress is ready to come between the Earnhardt family but I think in time it will happen. DEI without Jr is nothing and Theresa could leave and it may still survive.

The two of them or the whole family need to sit down and work this out for the benefit of all. No doubt that Theresa is a good promtor of DEI and also a very intelligent business person.

What will they have without Jr?

Another question is, is Jr ready to run a company of that size and also race?

I would venture to say this, He will have controlling interest in DEI by the next race season or he will be racing for JR Motorsports or maybe RCR. Theresa can have what is left and even though she is a good business person, she will have a poor stable of racers.