• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ranger 618?

muskiediller

Hello. What would be the average price for a new Ranger 618 with a 150 on the back of it? Also how much room is in the boat with and without the front and back deck extensions? Also how does this boat handle in big waves? Thanks for any info!

What do you mean by new? Is it a 2007 or a newer 05',06'? These boats are great for muskie fishing but when it comes to other kind of species it lacks in storage because they are short on compartments and space. I love these boats because I have an older model (681) and my boat has more storage then the new ones. The ride is great but if your going to spend allot of time on big water and chase muskies exlusively I would up grade to a longer boat. Other than that they are still my favorite model but lacks in storage. Don't be sold on the big 50" live well because what do your really need a live well that big for.

If you do any bass fishing it is great and with 150hp they can top out close to 60mph. The back deck will be needed because you will end up using it if you have a second person in the boat. This boat is just a narrower bass boat that is just a little deeper. If your going to use it for walleye fishing much I think there are other boats out there that would do better. If you could eleborate what you fish for the most that might help us out. I have followed this model that Ranger puts out and even sent them some emails requesting "tweaking" the layout more but the don't seem to be listening to me much. This is a multi-species boat but I think it is geared more for muskie or bass. The price is also hard one to swallow because for the same or less money I can get a new bass boat with more storage or a slightly used bass/multi-species for less money, assuming your looking at a 2007 model. A new 618 w/yamaha HDPI will be more than a 4-stroke yamaha and I think they are starting around 28K. Big water OK but Gull Lake/Minnetonka/Forest Lake, types are perfect.

I hope this answered some of your questions?

mr

Quote:

Oh borch, you cant afford not to buy a ranger buddy.

Not a new one! wink.gif

But even a guy like me can get into a 1-4 year old rigged 618T or 620T. It's a good thing that guys with money keep upgrading or just get bored with stuff. laugh.gif