• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kennel issue?

MN_Iceman

I am recently having problems with my 7 month old British Lab. When we crate her during the day she will go in the crate just fine and sit down but then when we come home (6 hours at the most) she will have very damp bedding and she will immediatly run to the water dish and drink the whole thing. Last night I put her in the kennel before I headed out for dinner and took all of the bedding out. Just to see if it was pee. When I came back there was liquid / drool on the sides of the kennel on the bottom on the top. Just small droplets of it though. It was not Pee and could have been drool. I then took her out and her all of her paws were wet almost like she had jumped into a bath tub of water up. I am just wondering if anyone else had heard this of happening or not. I am going to video tape her tonight and see what the heck she is doing. Any ideas or bets out there?

I think that she might just be getting worked up and drooling then shaking her head. If this is the case how do I correct this?

Other then this small issue she is a great dog. Very easy to train and very calm temperment.

Any information or advice would be great

Thanks in advance for any info

I was wondering about this. Any pointers on how to get rid of this issue? I might have to do a little homework tonight with my training book I think that there was a section on this. She does like to be around people all the time and she doesn't have any issues when she is not in the cage.

The room that she is in is fairly cold (65) so I dont think that she is overheating,

Thanks

I totally agree with gonefishin... I have a chocolate lab and when she was young I had her outside and I could hear her whining from inside the house. I tried putting my old T shirt in the kennel and it worked like a charm. If your situation is anything like separation anxiety, I think that this technique would work well.

Well after video taping my dog tonight while I was gone for a hour. I can tell that she just hates her kennel. She would just stand and bark for the first 50 minutes she then layed down and took it easy for a little while. Either way I guess I need to train her better for the kennel. Does anyone have any ideas for this? I am thinking put her in there when I am home for short stints for 15 minutes or so then work up from there. Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks