• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Upper and Lower Manitou Maps?

There are not any depth maps of the lakes, but you can get good maps at Rainy Lake Sports in Fort Frances. They have HSOforum I believe, try searching them and see if they can send them to you. or else there is a map place in Winnipeg and they will get exactly the scale and everything you are looking for, but no depths. I can not remember what they are called though. Probably just search lake maps & Winnipeg. Hope this helps.

I did hear that a company did come in and map out Esox and the Lower Manitou last year some time. I am looking for those maps and GPS info for myself. If I find it I will let everyone know.

The maps you get at RLS and through the gvmnt office are the same. I have gotten them from both places.

I think at RLS the maps were $9.95. By the time you would pay shipping and such, it was more expecnsive. Maps are in the back part of the store on the left. Harris Lake is the name of the map you want for esox and the lower Manitou. Upper Manitou is the name for the Upper Manitou.

Maps are topographic. They do not show anything on the lakes that is submerged, so you will have to take that into consideration. If you go onto the barkerbay HSOforum, they list a few of the GPS coordinates for the hazards in Esox and through the stretch of the Lower Manitou.

I have seen a depth map for lower manitou, but its not very accurate. There is alot of good structure that I fish that's not even on the map. The one I have seen does not include the stretch or esox. There maybe something else out there but I havn't seen it.

Quote:

I have seen a depth map for lower manitou, but its not very accurate. There is alot of good structure that I fish that's not even on the map. The one I have seen does not include the stretch or esox. There maybe something else out there but I havn't seen it.

Is there a GPS/Graph unit that I can get to graph Manitou as I "tool" around? I've been using a portable Garmin 60c with Canada Topo 2. The Shorelines are very accurate, but no depth contours. I have seen an old map where an "old timer" had dropped a line every 20 or 30 feet and recorded the depth, but without the contour lines, it is pretty useless.

I bought a Topo Map in St. Frances that has 15'-17' contour lines - Plastic coated (Esox, Stretch, Lower, Upper). Then on the way back, my friend ran into a guy with a Lowrance on his boat that had much more detailed contour lines. My friend failed to ask him which "chip" or how close the contour lines were. Anyone know which chip he may have seen? Is it very accurate? He said he just received it after being on a waiting list.