• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Daytime Coyote Hunting?

First year hunting coyotes & Fox, have had pretty good success at night. Just wondering with the moonlight fading away, if anybody is having any success during the daylight(9am-4pm)or is it a waste of time?

I'd still lean towards early and late but this is the one and only time of the year you'll occasionally see them moving in the open during daylight, at least in my neck of the woods. Its the coyote 'rut'!

Quote:

with the cold temps, and coyotes paired, up hunting is awesome all day long

Know this for a fact? Just curious I've personally never had any luck during the day other than early/late here in Minnesota. Not that it's impossible but unless he has tons of spots to call I wouldn't burn them during the low percentage time.

I have about 10 spots and growing, a couple of them I haven't touched yet. Just from watching video's, the times posted are like 10am, 2pm, I assumed the locations are secluded and/or on 1,000+acre ranchs.

With my schedule it's difficult to hunt around sunrise & sunset

*Thanks for the feedback.

Anytime is a good time to call them, for me ideal is the moon, second is right before dark, and then in the morning, but when its been 15-20 below in the morning they seem to be moving more in the daylight, the earlies response i have gotten was at 330pm but that was hunting along a river. Biggest thing with the daylight is getting away from people to where the are hanging out in the daytime.

Looking over the menu:

P1010046.JPG

The deer are in the foreground, and a coyote is standing in the background, on the edge of the hill.

There is only one left of the group of three now, and he is extremely lucky........ for now.

Hey Reddog. Just wondering if you could give a rough location (for my curiosity). I been taking the backroads to & from work. I haven't been as fortunate to spot any coyote or fox in the fields

delzz.

I live in Northwest Iowa

Snowman,

I simply put my Olympus Point and shoot camer up to mys potting scope, with the rear viewfinder on and when it looks like its seeing the whole picture, I click it off. Not real hard, and not photo quality, but it gets the point across, when you want to show you buddies what you seen.