• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

100 fishing items

Big Dave2

At my son's first grade class, they are commemerating the 100th day of school by puting together a museum so-to-speak of items numbering 100. Each kid has to bring 100 of something, (I.E. 100 cheerios, or 100 pencils or whatever) My son wants to bring something fishing related. My wife wants me to get 100 bobbers, but I don't even use those cheap plastic ones any more hardley. The only things I thought of were 100 sinkers, but I am not sure that a lot of people would even know what they are, or 100 wax worms.

Anyone got any other ideas? I am not very creative at this kind of stuff.

How about a hundred rapalas in all assorted colors and sizes? The wife couldn't possibly get mad at you for buying them for a "school" project and the added bonus is since they are school supplies used in class they might be tax deductable!(check with the accountant on that but it is a nice thought!) grin.gif

Tunrevir~

Quote:

How about 100 plastic worms, 100 jigs or 100 plain hooks.

Hooks and jigs could be a problem with schools...just a thought. No knives, sharp objects etc. not to mention fact youd be giving hooks to children. jm2c

What about an aqua vu that has 100' of camera cable. If you dont have one buy one a deduct on tax's as stated before. grin.gif This way the little darlings can turn it on and watch themselves. Ohh the teacher will love you for that. And what can the wife say, It's for school. smile.gif

100 crappie minnows in a clear container with a minnow scoop. Relatively cheap and can be used later. Show them how they relate to a rock or 2 thrown in there or the scoop itself.

Quote:

How about a hundred rapalas in all assorted colors and sizes? The wife couldn't possibly get mad at you for buying them for a "school" project and the added bonus is since they are school supplies used in class they might be tax deductable!(check with the accountant on that but it is a nice thought!)
grin.gif

Tunrevir~

I like that idea!!! How about a new boat with a 100 horse outboard on it? (Maybe a 150 or 175 and you'd have some horses to spare. smile.gif

100 Beads would be your cheapest bet, but they would need to be kept in a jar. As an elementary teacher, I have learned that kids like to put their hands on stuff, so the plastic tubes would be fun for them to touch. Or possibly 100 small spinner blades.

CA

Big Dave 2, If you are serious about the 100 Bobbers you might as well get the Best Ones! If you want

I can give you a really good deal on 100 3" Ice Buster Bobbers. It would be nice to help out a kids project - mostly when it has to do with Fishing. Give me a reply at [email protected] and we can go from there.

Bruce Mosher

You can NEVER have enough ice busters!!

How about going out this weekend and snapping off a 100 fishing pictures? essentially documenting the entire process off ice fishing from driving to the lake to driving on the lake to set up, fishing, snack, catchin (the bonus), proudly displayin the catch (again another bonus), tear down, and finally eatin the catch (the third bonus off the day! grin.gif

)

My son did this as well we went with 100 pics. of walleyes.

It does some damage to the fishing magazines around the house but was better then the 100 Lucky Charms marshmellows in a bag that opened up on a wet school room floor. grin.gif

Sifty

Wow, thanks for the ideas guys! I REALLY like the Rapala idea, but I still don't think the wife will go for it. frown.gif

I think I will stay away from anything with hooks or lead, that was also a good idea.

The picture idea is good also, or I might have to take up the ice buster offer since I could always use them. smile.gif

Quote:

100 crappie minnows in a clear container with a minnow scoop. Relatively cheap and can be used later. Show them how they relate to a rock or 2 thrown in there or the scoop itself.

I thought about this but they are keeping the exibit for a week. I have a hard enough time keeping them alive at home with an aerator. Thats why I thought of waxworms.

being a teacher in an elementary school, I would suggest the plastic worm idea. Give the teacher a heads up that they are coming, and they can write a story about their worm and all their worm brothers and sisters. This way they can tie a celebration into reading and more importantly a writing activity. you'd be out about 20 bucks, but come on, it's your kid.....DON"T get the super slimy scented ones or you name will go down in the "What were they thinking" file

100 George Washingtons. Have your kid say something like this is what my Mom say my Dad spends every time he wants to go fishing. Well if it doesn't work the naughty bar will take them off your hands on the way back from fishing.

I'm pretty sure my kids were able to keep their 100 items in a container, like a zip bag or mayo jar. The exercise is begin able to count to 100 and typically that is checked at home before the project goes to school.