• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

need help finding metro lakes that you can fish on after sunset!!

figarofigaro

I'm a beginner fisher-woman!

i live in washington county, and it seems like all the lakes around here are located in parks. this wouldn't be a problem, except that the parks close one half hour after sunset... which in the winter is WAY too early to quit fishing!!

any tips on lakes in the metro area (we're willing to drive a little ways) that aren't in parks and don't have a 'closing time'?

Thanks!

welcome to fm!! although I cannot answer your question, unless you wanted to drive north, I am sure you will receive a couple answers......I guess I don't know how far of a travel it is for you but Prior Lake is a good lake near the cities and I have always been able to catch fish there........Good Luck

If you aren't uneasy about driving on the lake, you shouldn't have much of a problem going through the park to the ice, unless it is gated. My experience has been that most lawmen will let you be if you are fishing and not drinking or (censored). A lot of them will shoot the bull about how they are biting and even throw a tip or two in. Just be sure to be sober-cops seem to like that. Back to what lakes are good-You can't go wrong with White Bear. There are many access points and there is a ton of great structure and a great night bite there. The East basin is great for walleye, while the Southwest basin is good for panfish, bass and pike. The Northwest basin is more of a walleye/pike area, but there is some good crappie action in the right spots. You don't really need to fish around the "cities" that are out there either, but it is a good place to start. Make sure to stop at a local bait shop and get ice conditions before driving all over the lake. There is an area between the island and the peninsula that can be iffy some years. Good luck, and welcome aboard cool.gif!

Welcome To IceLeaders/FishingMinnesota Great to have you with us. I assume you are in southern Washington Co?... If your willing to drive north a bit.. I would suggest Forest Lake, or Big Marine. Both should have a decent crappie bite at night if you fish the right places, and you may even run into a walleye? Otherwise there are quite a few other smaller lakes that just have public access to them and are not parks in the northern part of the co.