• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Are there many alligator gar in Missouri? because I am trying to get a trip planned for this spring to go wack some gar and was hoping that someone could point me in a god direction. Or what state would be the best for shooting some alligator gar without going to far from MN

thanks

From what I know alligator gar exist in Missouri, but don't seem too common. That could be because of a lack of people trying though. The largest one being caught in the state that I know of was around 100 pounds and caught in the bootheel area. The state does not list a record for the species. Oklahoma and Texas have a history of alligator gar fishing, and might be better choices. Hope this helps.

Griz A sure spot for HUGE Gar,The red river on texas okla. border close to arksnsas.Let me know if you might go.I have friends in Annona Tx that put me on a 180lber.seen many more larger and smaller! One estimated at 250-300 just cruised by on the surface I was in AWE!!