• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Drilling Kittywampus Holes

EBass

I think my equilibrium may be off as I can't seem to drill a straight hole. Luckily I have a 10" auger to make up for said crookedness. I seem to start straight, then push out, and turn, then over compensate,(UGH) and I was wondering if any of you FM'ers had some tips for drilling straight holes? I just could be that guy too grin.gif No Offence That Guy smirk.gif

If you have a dual blade auger (i.e. Strikemaster Lazer) you could have one blade duller that the other...The auger should do all the work (very little if any pushing)and go straight down. Try new blades first!

EBass,

There is also a story involving a snow free ice surface, an auger, some beverages, a scarf and an attached belt buckle from one of those old style snowmobile suits, but we won't get into that one here.......... shocked.gif

I put a two bladed 8" Lazer on my ancient Strikemaster 49cc powerhead years ago, it does work really well as long as I am paying attention. Not too hard to keep it straight.

I've heard that fish are easy to land using a sideways hole. Mine aren't THAT bad, but it's not straight either.

It looks straight when I'm drilling until I get all the ice chips out and see that it spirals kinda like a cork screw or will be straight down then go off on a direction.

Oh well, I'll keep at it. Thanks for the posts