• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Questor

Trying to find North Metro carp lake

You could try Gervais I've had limited success on very hot days in mid summer with ultra light gear. they seem to school up in the shade from the over hanging trees you can get pretty close wading. I can't wait grin.gif dont forget your glasses.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Great anything else?  Start the slaughter!  😠
    • does he need to?  Sounds like he put a whoopin on the boys in the one practice he showed up and played in...
    • This is not good news:   http://www.startribune.com/virus-new-to-state-s-deer-inflict-quick-and-suspicious-deaths-in-herd-near-twin-cities/497832721/   "Quick and suspicious" deaths of several deer this month in a captive herd south of the Twin Cities are being attributed to a virus never before seen in deer in Minnesota, state officials said Wednesday.   The Minnesota Board of Animal Health has confirmed the first cases of epizootic Hemorrhagic disease (EHD) in seven animals in a small herd of captive white-tailed deer in Goodhue County. There is no specific treatment or vaccine available in this country. Six of the deer died this month, the agency said, while a remaining buck "appears healthy at this time and is showing no clinical signs associated with this disease."   While this is the first detection of EHD among deer in the state, it is widespread across North America. There are no known health risks to humans, the Board of Animal Health said.   EHD has previously been detected in two Minnesota cattle in southern Minnesota — in Brown County in 2012, and Murray County in 2013.   "This virus is transmitted between deer by biting midges, or gnats, which are most active in the fall before they are killed by the first frost of the season," said Dr. Mackenzie Reberg, senior veterinarian with the Board of Animal Health. "These bugs can't travel far on their own, and we're concerned by this detection because the herd owner hasn't moved deer onto the property for several years."   The "quick and suspicious deaths of the animals," as the agency's announcement characterized them, alarmed the owner, who worked with a veterinarian to submit tissues from the carcasses to the Iowa State Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory for investigation and confirmation.   Many deer species may be infected with EHD, but white-tailed deer are highly susceptible and experience high rates of mortality. Most die within 36 hours of clinical signs, which can include fever, anorexia, lethargy, stiffness, respiratory distress, oral ulcers, and severe swelling of the head and neck.   The Board has notified the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources of the newly confirmed cases.
    • Not so Young dumb and full of............   Anymore?  😜
    • I think Negan should be in a cell that has a couple walkers in a cell on each side. lol
    • So, is Butler playing in the season opener? Has he even practiced, other than that one infamous time?
    • 2 episodes in, and I don’t have much of anything to complain about. Not great episodes by any means, but not bad either.
    • Good luck to you all. Sounds like a great trip.
    • Thanks Scoot!  Yes, we have our bear spray, brought a couple extra cans to keep in our packs besides what we have our on hips.   Hopefully it remains there the whole trip. Going to try and keep this updated during our trip. My son is taking video production class in school, hopefully he can put something together when we get back. Signing off for now, going to have lunch with the wife before I head home, grab the last cooler and pick my son up from school!  
    • It was an okay trip, made the best of it. Changed destination and distance I was willing to travel in those weather conditions. Can't afford to screw up when I'm solo.  More of a winter trip feel than a fall trip. After fishing in 17 degree windchill, I found just hanging out fireside a much better option.   I think I need to do an actual summer BW trip next year, despite the bugs and crowds. Then I can take the fishing part more seriously.   Seen some groups pass by camp, so there were others as crazy as I.