• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ZRT 600 Help Please

iffwalleyes

Ok so here is the deal my ZRT 600 pretty much since I bought it has always idel very low probably around 700 rpms. I check the manual and it said it should idel around 1500. So this fall I adjust the carb screws and got the idel up on it so it is over 1000 and it seems to idel much better. But now I am thinking I shouldn't have touched it. I have a feeling I have it to rich or something. Because it doesn't not want to start for me. So I throw in a new set of plugs and it will fire right up the old plugs are wet but not the worst that I have ever seen either. But pretty much any time after it sits for a while it is needing new plugs just for it to start. So what is a person to do. I think I have learned that I don't know enough about snowmobiles to me messing around with them and I should just take it to the dealer.

Sounds like the carbs need a good cleaning, and maybe the needles and seats may need replacing (given the wet plug condition at first start up). Low idle on those 3 cylinder engines could spell trouble in just one carb, and you'll never know until you tear them down.

The idle jet in any one could likely be plugged also.

It's also important to have all the carbs in synch with one another. Sounds like they aren't in synch if adjustments were made. An easy way to get them back in order you need to take the carbs out so they are visible and synchronize them with the idle jet, so when the throttle is applied they all move simutaniously. Once you get them synched, run the engine and turn each idle jet the exact same amount of turns, until you get the proper idle RPMS.

The air rich/lean jet should be about 1 1/2 turns out.

As a prior ZRT owner I know that engine more than I care too. crazy.gif

great advice from Chuck. The big thing with those triples was always keeping them all working together. Definitely think the wet plugs that needs replacing sounds like needle/seat issues though.

I think she needs a professional run through and tune up...

I decided the same thing. I dropped it off this morning and told the guy to get it running right. He thought it probably was seat issue as well. I just need to know that I am not a mechanic and sometimes you have to leave things like that to a Pro. Now give a jiffy ice auger and leatherman and I can fix anything on one of them grin.gif.