• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Regulations question. Two portables linked together?

sparky88

The MN Fishing Regs. states that "No person may erect a dark house, fish house, or shelter within 10 feet of an existing house." Does this mean that my buddy and I can't legally hook our two portables together? confused.gif

Really, the 10 foot rule is to give a legal definition of "what's too close" so that "guy" (there's always one out there) doesn't park his shelter 2 inches from yours when he finds out that you found the sweet spot.

There has to be some sort of distance by law or fistfights would be erupting all over the place.

I would assume that when you know the other party and okay him to be that close and are actually present in the portable with him, then the DNR officer would let it slide.

I was up at LOW fishing with 2 Yukons linked, and my brothers license fell off. The CO came by and checked my house license, but never asked my brother for anything but his angling license. He never even questioned the lack of a license on the other house.