• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Plastics

Does any body use ice plastics? If so who's and how do you like them. I have been thinking about getting some custom jigs and spins ice plastics but also saw some called the IMP, any suggestions?

I got some shrimpos and some wedgees from Custom jigs etc. Only used 'em on open water perch on a jigging rapala. They were decent,but my minnow rod got more perch.

Try Pinpoint Plastix Bob Tails or Slivers on a plain hook.

I have had good luck with Slivers or cut slivers of powerbait tails soaked in YUM crawfish oil for fussy sumo perch in deep water. Try stuffing them in a film canister with the YUM oil and let them soak up the flavor ahead of time.

Plain hooks or tiny jigs tipped with a scented plastic on a Slip Dropper rig works well on schooling fish cruising large flats.

I try to keep live baits handy all the time but there are those days when they do like the scented slivers even better.

------------------
"Ed on the Red"
Backwater Guiding Service
[email protected]
fishingminnesota.com/ed-on-the-red/

I've started using custom jigs and spins ratsos not as necessarily a replacement for live bait, but as a follow up lure. If I'm fishing a jigging spoon and minnow or minnow head, and I come across schools of perch I will have a second rod ready to go with the plastic. They will agressively hit the plastic, and it keeps your hands dry for awhile. It was extremely effective in many instances for me!

Yum brand is a highly concentrated scent oil often used by the bass crowd on plastics. There oils are of the highest quality and they scent plastics well.

Try Bass Pro, they usually carry them, or check in at the Cotton Cordel web site.

The crawfish & shrimp oils work wonders on perch and gills.

Cat Tracker baits make a very good haring oil for pike & catfish. Try injecting a spoonful in the abdominal cavity of a smelt or hearing. Either slip jig it or run them on a windless tip-up to help spread the scent as well as add flash.

------------------
"Ed on the Red"
Backwater Guiding Service
[email protected]
fishingminnesota.com/ed-on-the-red/