• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another Tournament on Silver this weekend???

Just throwing this out to you guys.. Avon Anglers is having a tourney on Silver this Saturday, $15 a man , individual tournament, no teams, same format as the TA 8 perch and 7 bluegills. Gotta check with the boss in a few but it should be no problem. Big Johnny Ice is going to be there and with the snow wallopping we got here I don't mind running out there to walk on less snow. Frank what's going on for Saturday?

Big Johnny Ice - Just talked to the boss and I'm good to go for Silver Saturday. I'll get with you and will do the LeRoy exit again... Looking forward to it and visiting with some of the Ice Shanty guys, like Hali-Man and the Wizard if there in it also...

Tim, so you finally have the ice you have been waiting for. It does appear that it is pretty cold up there and windy as well. My friends say they have been out on Oneida catching a lot of small eyes and some pretty big perch. One perch reported to be 14.5 in. Not bad. I bought a fishing kayak and am really getting into the trout and redfish fishing. It is a lot of fun. I have not gotten the big ones yet (30"-40") but I do get slot fish most of the time. The trout are easy to catch but the reds are very difficult. It is a real challenge. Good luck ice-fishing, maybe I'll be up, don't know just yet. Pretty hard to beat a tee shirt and shorts this time of year. Although is is quite cool and windy down here the last couple of weeks.

Keep a tight line, Fish-n-fil

Quote:

Pretty hard to beat a tee shirt and shorts this time of year.

Your telling me Phil after the last few days of this tropical CNY weather I'm ready to take a week off down to the Florida sun, LOL...

I'd stay right where your at your gonna need a plow to fish Oneida right now. Gimme a hollar when your coming back in to town...

Good to hear that you are heading up this way again, Timmy. I need some more Marcum's around me so the Vex guys get away from me LOL!!

Here is a link to the info on the tourney. I am glad that they are putting a polygraph reguirement in the rules for the winners, because this tourney was somewhat influenced from the gills at Honeoye and perch from Erie in years past if you know what I mean. IMO there were cheats out there that fished it. Hopefully this will alleviate this.

Avon Anglers Silver Lake Tourney

CNY Lee - Just sent me an email and he's fishing it too, Channel 5 on the FRS, will keep it going wink.gif

Franky said they were having one a couple of weeks later at Conesus, never fished that lake maybe another option for the future if we can put it together...

Why do people cheat? GREED

Jeez it will be nice just to fish with you again, tournament or not... smile.gif

Hey Johnny I didn't see anything about keeping the fish fresh in a bucket of water. If it's a frozen count that's less weight we have to haul around on the ice. Whats the pudding on this? Thanks ...

Yep - the inside of my right knee was killing me yesterday especially doing stairs it's ok now though. Pace myself confused.gif yeah right? grin.gif

Tood just sent me a PM on IS asking me ??? about the tournament, hmmm maybe him and Donny will give it a go as well.

Call me Friday morning at work and will firm up LeRoy cool.gif that didn't sound right, LOL grin.gif

Nice talking with you last night Todd and I understand your frustration with the FL-18, I have been there with Big Johnny. Sorry had to cut the conversation short, Rosa turned 38 yesterday so I took her out for a nice prime rib dinner at Coalyards.

The Chevy Venture will be meeting Big Johnny at the LeRoy exit at 6 a.m. Saturday morning. Still looking for a CNY shotgunner to make the trip with me. The kicker is we have to be on the road no later than 3:45 a.m. Saturday morning.

Franky whatta you say buddy?

Yeah baby, that's my navigator! grin.gif See you at 0330 Saturday Frank to load up. You can crash on the way buddy your in good hands wink.gif

Frank gimme your Dunkin Donuts order and I'll pick it up for you before I hit Regan... Thinking about a bagel piled wink.gif high with cream cheese and a large coffee...

I did the mapquest and loaded it in the TOM TOM, it will take me 2hrs and 20 min to get there from my house. I figure I'll be leaving at about 4:30am at the latest and I'm flying solo. This is my first tourn and I want to see how I would have done in the TA to guage whether I want to try it next year.

Well Tim, I've looked over my map and have done some serious studying. I have a few spots I really want to check out first because my fish instincts (pirate wisdom) are all in check. I'm going to fish it like the old days (Drill and move Drill and move).

Did you sign up already or are you going to do it there at launch?

Fished with Big Johnny Ice, CNY Frank and CNY Lee. We took a shot early in the morning on the northend of Silver by the Woods and had a hard time catching decent perch, we released a few small ones and only caught a decent keeper a piece and we were fortunate to get that. Very few fish marked and getting them to do anything was tough. Wind was a little rough this morning and Frank got bit by it on the move. After 15min. or so of not marking much of anything mid-morning we loaded the traps up and headed south by Mac's for gills. Had to drill a few holes to find a pocket in the weeds and settled in for some sight fishing. Big Johnny and I caught a fair amount of gills with a few nice ones but I didn't see as many fish as I did during the TA but I did put together a limit of gills to go with my 3 perch.

On to the weigh in from there and the good news is I broke 5 pounds barely with a 5.05 weight, bad news is it was only good for 4th place.

Frank had a tough time trying to get gills again and Lee got a lesson from Silver on the finicky perch.

All in all we had a good time and it was great to be fishing with my friends and the walking was fantastic.

Johnny tried to call ya to let you know we decided to stop at McDonalds in LeRoy on the way back but I think your cell phone was off.

The guy that won it placed in 15th in last weeks Trap Attack and he had a little over 6 pounds and it was good for $125 and 2nd place paid $75. It was neat watching the kids that were there and the smiles on there faces when they collected there winnings.

Want to thank Rich Klockenga for his Loner Jigs they caught all my gills today, pink/orange and orange were my weapons of choice and they worked great. I lost a nice slob gill too and he's wearing that pink and orange jig well shocked.gif

Franky was exhausted and slept pretty much the whole way back in the van. Thanks for making the run out west with me Frank!

Got some snow raking to do tomorrow and some more snow blowing frown.gif

Tim glad to see you had a safe trip and a good time cool.gif this high pressure system i think has allot to do with how the fishes feeding habits are mad.gif.I know its just nice to be able to be with friends and do some hard water fishing.Yesterday i went to Tusc with a friend of mine we each caught 1 perch a piece we marked ALLOT of fish their just sniffing around confused.gif talked to a few other guys same thing confused.gif. Hows the snow machine treating you up there i only have a couple feet on the ground a freind of mine lives in north bay he says he has ton of snow up there.I will talk to you soon.Thunderman out

Hey Todd just got done snow raking my in-laws and there neighbors and couldn't get it all done. My arms are like rubber and I am in need of a couple of peers and a hot shower. Just for kicks I checked the solunar table when I got home and it was dead on Saturday and not much better today frown.gif The bite was not to be above fair most of the day.

Good times with good friens, agreed smile.gif

Timmie . . one knows when things are probably not going to go as planned . . .the light came on when I decided to do a plf (parachute landing fall) to avoid my shelter chasing me when we first got there. Easy pull my . . . For anyone considering putting those clam runners on the bottom of their shelter . . .don't, at least don't put them on per directions . . put them on upside down. The grooves keep the slush in them and than cause ice to buld up and you only end up with snow brakes on the bottom of your shelter. Of course, with a snowmobile that is not a problem, but pulling by hand seems to add about a hundred pounds!!!! Then of course the gust that knocked the sled over pulling it out!!! And the final straw was every hole I drilled nothing . . .and the one time I get fish to come in . . .the wind starts gusting and ripples the water making it impossible to sight fish!!!! had 4 big gills come in!! Oh well, that's fishing . . .makes catching that much better when it happens. Beer was cold though!! Silver lining to everything.