• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
The Freak

E-TEC

Was thinking about upgrading this spring to a 150 e-tec. Wondering if anyone has a E-tec and how do you like it?

They are good motors but i would go with a Merc over it anyday... It all depends on what you are looking for in a motor, I you want to go fast and take names doing it and still have good gas "millage" then a Merc is for you!!!!

I'd go with E-TEC, sold lots of both, E-TEC is far quieter, great gas milage, great performance,and no problems.

it is a world out there these days where you are looking at difference in motors. Fact of the matter is, ither way you go, you really cant say that any motor on the market today is a bad motor.

Why do i say that?

Becuase for the simple fact that if they do make a bad motor, there not going to be in the market for very long. I have always ran a Opti, but from people that i talk to, everyone has there likes and dislikes of any motor.

Fact of the matter is, get what you think its going to be right for yourself. It really comes down to personal Preference. I belive, any motor that you buy now days, it going to get the job down.

BNS

I have a 150 e-tec ]

sometimes i just go down to dock and start it cuz it starts before you get the key turned all the way it sounds so smoooooth

it jumps you out of the water i have it on 2095 yac craft

and it plans me out RIGHT NOW i never lose sight of whats in front of me i dont know if its faster or slower than the merc but i'm not racin i'm fishing on my boat it runs out bout 44mph

but i can also pull crank baits with it going foward if i want

and can talk over it easy and doesnt take much of a chop to backtroll it is a wheel boat so i dont use it for that but you can and if it was a tiller it would be great on a walleye boat

like bass and spears says they are all good..e-tec is my perference

E-TEC 90, Have used 5 summers on my 22 ft boat, never even a wayward sputter. Quick starting, smooth running, planes instantly, 35 mph at wot, not bad on gas or oil, no repairs and a cinch to maintain.

kabcabconstr119.jpg

DSCN5427.jpg

Yes, Kabetogama. To get this thread back on track, the E-TEC has worked out great for this boat. I also have a 1981 Evinrude 25 on a smaller boat that still runs good. I know they have been through some issues in the intervening years with some products, but at least with the E-TEC in this size I can only give glowing reports. That said, having a dealer or service person nearby that you can trust should play a big part in which brand you choose, just in case of issues.

i agree big time with last line maybe not so much if hes close thats a bonus

but someone that REALLY knows his stuff

and has alittle interigity !!!

If you're looking for a 2-stroke, I don't think you could go wrong with the e-tec. My buddy has a 150 on his 1850 Alum. Trophy. Planes out nice, fairly quiet, but still smells like a 2-stroke. They may be comparable to a 4-stroke in gas mileage, but you still burn expensive oil. Given 4-strokes need expensive oil changes. i have a 175 verado w. smart craft gauges and i wouldn't trade it for anything. quieter and doesn't stink.

hmmm i dont use much oil..it is 40 bucks a gal

but i dont think it stinks

it purrrsssssssss

I Haven,t noticed any stink or smoke on my E-TEC Oil is a quite small expense considering the amount used.Oil changes also use oil, and cost additional money. Has a nice quiet purr when idling or at hull speed (ie 6 mph)and isn't much different from a 4 stroke when opened up.