• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Catfish through the Ice

DTro

Who is that character? smile.gif

It was a fun day Darren and you guys are right about the thin ice, this area can be open water for most of the winter unless it gets really cold. The week before, it was about 2-4" in that spot with lots of variation in thickness.

I hear ya, but I'm not sure I could even find it again if I tried grin.gif

I was sitting on a flatbead trailer facing backwards and curled up like a Husky at bedtime. When the ride was over, I had no clue where we were.

Not only that but it's a real safety issue with that ice there, I'm glad I had a good guide.

Yeah, that area is definitely not an area to underestimate or mess around in. Last year I was fishing near there and was picking up eagle feathers next to my fish house. That usually indicates open water, right? I also found a spot near the meth hole earlier this year where the ice varied from 4-12 inches within ten feet. crazy.gif

Thanks for sharing...I know you said you were using cutbait.....and deadsticking...but would you mind how you go about locating and catching cats through the ice? I live near a lake that is full of channels and no one targets them in the winter...i'd like to try with a little advice!