• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best day on the lake... EVER (Pics Included)

gonefishin11

I went out fishing on Upper Cormrant Lake Saturday afternoon, even though it was -15, with my girlfriend. I took her ice fishing for our first date so its a little traditional that she comes along at least once every year. We had been fishing for about an hour and had only caught one 10" walleye and two tiny perch. I told her I had to use the bathroom and then snuck around to her side of the portable, opened it up and asked her to marry me... She said YES!

Here is a pic from our first date (15, 15, 14.5 14 and 12.5 inch crappies. With that luck, I knew I had to keep her around)

Wayne.jpg

Here is a picture from Saturday:

IMG_0204.jpg

Congrats man! I proposed to my favorite fishing partner last spring on Opener Saturday on the end of the dock with poles in hand....and she said yes too! It's really fun to share a hobby like fishing with a significant other!

congrats..........to get the other half to go fishing is tough enough in my situation but to get her out on -15 degree weather.....you know you have a keeper........congrats again!!!

Congratulations to both of you!! Put a picture of those crappies in your wallet so you can remember from time to time what they look like, hee hee. A little adivise. Marriage is 100 percent giving an if you both work hard at that you both recieve what you give. Good luck an God bless Later boar

Way to go!!. My wife loves to fish with me, but she has never tried ice fishing. You know you've got the real "keeper" and thats all that matters.

A buddy of mine honeymooned in Canada on a fly-in trip with his wife. They are both muskie fishermen and sheis the one who owned the boat.